Question on Component Removal

boscru6469

First let me say I love this tool and thank you to all involved in creating it.

I updated an x64 install wim using a program, Simplix Pack Windows 7 Updater. My install wim was 3,804,312kb after compressing with an imagex command. I then used Wintoolkit and removed 4 languages, Windows Gadgets and all but 1 local pack. I then used the rebuild option and created an ISO in Wintoolkit. I again checked the install wim and it grew to 3,805,745kb. Why does it grow when removing compinents. Thanks

From what I understand, the way that Win Toolkit removes components doesn't actually remove them from the install source, it just prevents the "removed" components from being installed.  So the install source does get any smaller, (though I don't know why it got bigger for you), but the installed OS is smaller.

Cheers and Regards

From what I understand, the way that Win Toolkit removes components doesn't actually remove them from the install source, it just prevents the "removed" components from being installed.  So the install source does get any smaller, (though I don't know why it got bigger for you), but the installed OS is smaller.

Cheers and Regards

So I can't understand that why its written 'components will be permanently removed and nothing can be restored', when they are just prevented from installing?!

Edited by niTe_RiDeR_Pro