Vista Drivers and WinToolKit

laddanator

Which version of Vista, DISM doesn't seem to work with anything older than SP1 i believe. The boot.wim might not be an SP1 version.

Sorry, it's a Vista SP2 source and the boot wim is from the same SP2 source. I do know your tool will slipstream the updates to Vista SP2 source but I guess not the drivers? I can use PEIMAGE.EXE from Vista WAIK but I have to do them one by one because the paths have to be exact.

Ok made a small script and copied peimage.exe from a Vista WAIK to my windows 7 machine and I am able to slipstream drivers

@echo off
color 9F
Title Vista Boot.wim Slipstrem Driver CMD

echo ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ
echo.
echo Mounting Boot.wim 2
echo.
rem Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:%~dp0BootWim\BOOT.WIM /index:2 /MountDir:%~dp0Mount
pause
echo.
echo Adding Drivers To Boot.wim 2
echo.
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\AMD\1\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\AMD\4\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\ARECA\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\ASmedia\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Highpoint\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Intel\1\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Intel\3\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Intel\4\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Intel\5\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\ITE\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Jmicron\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\LSI\1\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\LSI\2\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\LSI\3\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\LSI\5\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\LSI\6\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\LSI\9\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Marvell\1\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Marvell\2\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Nvidia\3\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\Nvidia\4\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\1\1\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\1\2\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\2\1\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\2\2\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\2\3\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\3\1\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\3\2\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\4\1\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\4\2\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\SiliconImage\5\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\VIA\*inf %~dp0Mount
%~dp0WindowsAIK\Tools\PETools\peimg.exe /inf=%~dp0BootDrivers\VMware\*inf %~dp0Mount
pause
echo.
echo Unmounting Boot.wim 2
echo.
Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:%~dp0Mount /commit
echo.
echo ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ
pause
echo Boot Driver Integration Complete
:end
pause

but as you can see, its a pain because peimage.exe will not scan subfolders and each path has to be exact so I was wondering, Legolash2o if there was a way to add the peimage.exe to the WinToolKit folder and your tool calls on this tool when added drivers to a Vista boot.wim or a Vista install.wim since your tool codes the paths including subfolders?

I

Just so you know, Vista isn't official supported on Win Toolkit. The program itself was designed for Windows 7.

Yes I know but figured since it will slipstream the updates, the driver part would be nice also. I as I have always said, love this tool whether it will do Vista or not. And many thanks to you, Legolash2o.

How come you use vista anyway?

I do not use it at all. I hate Vista but we have customers that still bring in computers to be fixed with Vista so until Microsoft stops supporting Vista, we have to support Vista til the end. :( I usually only update Vista 3 times a year but this last time was a year and everything was so out of date and caused me so much work, can't let Vista get that far away from me again and would be nice to have everything in one tool to do drivers and updates but I realize Vista isn't on the top of the list to make programs for! lol

Edited by laddanator