Windows 8 and wintoolkit problems

Borja Zunzu

Hello, i'm trying to modify my windows 8 installation with wintoolkit but i can't load the windows files, i follow all the steps (browse/browse for dvd/folder)  and select the correct folder but I receive the following message:" this does not seem to be a valid windows installation DVD, please make sure that the folder you select has 'sources/install.wim in it"

The windows 8 iso is a correct copy and i extracted it with winrar into a folder.

what can i do? is wintoolkit compatible with windows 8?

thanks

borja

I have few copies Legit from Work of Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise x64 and X86 and non of them actual contains install.wim but how ever i do have an Install.esd that is of an size comparable to the Win7 install.wim can any body help?

what I should do? does renaming the install.esd to install.wim will work.

and help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Hi guys,

i've used wintoolkit to slim down a windows 8 image with succes but i noticed a strange behavior:

If i chose to delete natural language (in all in one integrator section) everything works ok, but in a second moment when i try to integrate the update:  Windows8-RT-KB2769165-x64  manually with this dism command: Dism.exe /image:WIN8 /Add-Package /PackagePath:updates

i receive an error and the update can't be applied.

if i don't delete natural language, applying the same update success. So, the problem is in the natural language component remover.

did someone had the same problem? any tips on how to solve the problem?

thanks