Silent Installer doesn't install some Windows-Patches

Thiersee

Hi Lego,

sorry for giving you another problem again :(!

In this thread I wrote that some updates are going red and I pushed them to the silent installer; I didn't get any error messages and I tought, they have been installed.

I installed todey 4 times Win7 ( german twice and italian twice too): every time ALL the MS-Updates in the silent-installers-tab have NOT been installed: I was surprised, because they have been downloaded within Windows-Update.

Again, no error messages during WinToolkit-Installer, but I observed exactly, how they have been finished to quickly.

After WinToolkit Installer has finished his job, I installed manually the updates in the same sequence and they have been installed :ranting:!

The KBs are

KB2603229

KB2533552

KB2592687

KB2506143

KB2809215

KB2809900

KB2823180

It is a small issue FOR ME, I will install them during a second step with WPI, but

why happens this?

TNX, Thiersee

Edit

I forgot: WinToolkit 1.4.1.22, Win7 Professional and Home Premium, both x64.

Edited by Thiersee

KB2506143 (and the next three updates from your list) need .net framework 4.0 / 4.5 to be installed PRIOR / BEFORE to its (their) install. Have you added .net 4.5 / 4.0 to the silen installers, and was it in the integration queue before them?

For the first two at least, you are right, it's very very weird, no prerequisites required. Have you checked installed updates after installation for KB2603229 and KB2533552?

Edited by RicaNeaga

KB2506143 (and the next three updates from your list) need .net framework 4.0 / 4.5 to be installed PRIOR / BEFORE to its (their) install. Have you added .net 4.5 / 4.0 to the silen installers, and was it in the integration queue before them?

For the first two at least, you are right, it's very very weird, no prerequisites required. Have you checked installed updates after installation for KB2603229 and KB2533552?

Of course, I did it! I know that's needed for those updates.

And yes, I checked for the two updates after the installation, they were not in the list.

Edited by Thiersee

Please take a look here. Especially at the last post.

So make sure you don't have those sub-folders from McRip added in the integration queue. My bet is that only (and again) ''RemoteDesktopProtocol8.0'' hotfixes are to blame / the infamous KB2592687.

Referring to that post:

1) I don't use McRip's updates

2) KB2592687 is not the problem, the patches in the silent-installers before KB2592687 are not installed too!

And again, from first post:

After WinToolkit Installer has finished his job, I installed manually the updates in the same sequence and they have been installed :ranting:!

Edited by Thiersee

To be more clear and serious about the subject, I'm also suspecting KB2574819, that you surely integrate... again, please try an image without that four folders I mentioned here in the integration queue (the ones from Not integratable to offline image, of course, added as silent installers). I bet it will solve your issue. :)

To be more clear and serious about the subject, I'm also suspecting KB2574819, that you surely integrate... again, please try an image without that four folders I mentioned here in the integration queue (the ones from Not integratable to offline image, of course, added as silent installers). I bet it will solve your issue. :)

Again:

I don't use any kind of folders for the updates and I don't use McRip's-upadtes at all!

The only thing I can try is to build an image without KB2574819 (when I get time...)

Anyway, those updates can be installed only on a running OS: at this point it seems that the OS is NOT full running at the time, when WTK-Installer installs the programs from the section silent-installers.

why not remove ''RemoteDesktopProtocol8.0'' updates / this addition entirely, and give it a try? I'll bet on an austrian beer that they're the source of this error. :)

OK, you get an austrian beer, next time you come to Austria (Tirol)!

It seems this is the reason, but the question still remains the same

why happens this?

I did an integration without KB2574819 (and of course KB2592687 within silent installers) and ALL the KBs within "silent installers" got installed.

Anyway I think this happens because the OS after installing itself and WTK-Installer is not yet full running, it's full running after a restart (message "Windows is configuring update, dont switch off" or something like this).

For this reason it would be nice if Lego could insert a reboot before WTK-Installer starts.

BTW, it's impossible to install RDP 8.0 after the OS is full running, message "This update is not for your computer"!

Edited by Thiersee

Why don't you try moving both updates to the silent installer area and see if everything goes ok? Or have you tried that already and I didn't fully understand your last post?

This will be the next step (installation in VM ist just running): KB2574819 in the prerequisite, no KB2592687.

Edited by Thiersee

I'm getting really crazy :ranting:!

This will be the next step (installation in VM ist just running): KB2574819 in the prerequisite, no KB2592687.

Step 1

KB2574819 in the prerequisites, fresh ISO, only updates integration, integration again this time with silent-installers, drivers, tweaks and so on: only KB2603229 has not been installed (why only this, no idea!); after this windows update downloaded KB2603229 and KB2592687.

Step 2

Same with step 1, added KB2592687: ALL the updates from post #1 have been integrated!

Don't ask me, what happened, no idea!

Edit:

I forgot to write: I used this time WTK 1.4.1.23_Test1 ( before 1.4.1.22).

Edited by Thiersee

I don't understand, both updates were installed as silent installers in your last two setups, or have you integrated to an offline image KB2574819?

I've integrated KB2574819 in a fresh ISO

KB2574819 in the prerequisites, fresh ISO, only updates integration,

However for the first build you've made, KB2574819 generated for you that RunOnce error. Maybe when integrated alongside some tweak or smth else from your usual build, it gives that error. Weird.

I also wasn't able to reproduce any error for KB2574819 / KB2592687 using my system / VM - looks like every Remote Desktop Protocol 8.0 related error is system bound (can appear only on some systems / configurations / situations).

Edited by RicaNeaga