Integration Confusion

Mr.McNally

Hello,

I would like to ask for opinions and/or instruction regarding the different methods of integration. To be more concise, I don't understand how people use RyanVM's integrator to add the postSP2 pack, IE 7 etc... Then use nLite to remove unwanted components. Some even claim to add the driver packs as a third step.

From reading RyanVM's forum, I interpret his to say that one should use the integrator first, then nLite although not highly recommended. I think he says not to use a nLite modified install before using the integrator. To be honest I have never been able to use both with acceptable results.

When I use the integrator, the output seems to modify my files from the starting 6 or 8 down to about 2 or 3. I may be mistaken but maybe a 386 and a $OEM$ folder, not much else. Then when I use nLite after RyanVM integration I get errors. The errors either show up in the initial bluescreen setup just after the format choices at the very beginning of the installation, or somewhere near the T13 stage. Being a rather time consuming process I have limited myself to nLite due to the dramatically higher success rate I experience. Any ideas or experience on this ?

Then there are the 'Driver Packs'. I downloaded the proper packs for my hardware. I used the driverpacks integration software as recommended(nLite first, then add driverpacks). I have not once gotten my system to boot with those dirverpacks integrated. I have tried method 1 and 2 offered by the driverpacks software. I have tried a limited selection of packs(chipset, graphics, LAN) thinking that I might eliminate the problem, but to no avail.

How is it that people manage to get this process completed?

What is your integration style and please dont be shy about telling your tricks for a successful install.

I am admittedly somewhat addicted to the whole process. I seem to make at least one new test iso per day. Most are no good because there is always something that comes out broken or sometimes I cant even get to the first startup. I do my best not to integrate every cool addon I can find, although sometimes I do integrate things I will probably never use, just because I get carried away with the process and loose sight of the end result.

Any advice or instruction would be very much appreciated, as it would only enhance my enjoyment of making this 'oh so familiar' windows xp more my own. :welcome:

Edited by Mr.McNally