What is this and what does it mean?

Mr.McNally

1startdesktopea8.png

After my last integration/install, which I have decided to try to use as my normal installation, I have this page opening every time I start up the system. Everything seems to be working correctly, so I am not highly concerned about it. Although, it's presence is enough to make me wonder if there is a hidden problem lurking in the background, waiting until I get comfortable with my new installation to make itself known. I would also be inclined to think that it could probably be deleted with no ill effect, but I need some input before I act.

What app. is this script for and/or what does it do? What would happen if I erased it? Is there some way I can stop it from opening at startup without removing it, in the case that it does serve some function? Thanks :welcome:

Oh, not that error again!

Got a handful of members over at DriverPacks that got this some time ago, but we were never able to find out why.

Incidentally, it only seemd to happen to users using a non-English copy of XP.

I think it could somehow have been related to the DPs, but we never got any hard proof (rebuilding the ISO with exactly the same settings and the error did not reappear - non-reproducable bugs are the hardest to trace).

As I said, there never was a final solution, but then again it wasn't really needed as the problem disappeared for those that reported it, IIRC.

Last update was it may have been something to do with the Big Endian encoding of winnt.SIF.

Did you actually use the DPs already?

If not then at least we can be sure it's not due to them.

Anyway, I got your PM;

I'd say wait until Monday for your approval, if not hit me again ;)

I didn't use driver packs, but I did remove all of the other languages but english. I recall checking the option that would remove all languages except for the default one. My only guess would be that I used an add-on that may have been written in another language or had the option to be displayed in another language, the primary language being non-english. Of course I am simply guessing based on what you have indicated about the message.

I don't quite know what it is, but something doesn't feel right to me with this install. I am seriously considering another. Perhaps I will try the driver packs again with the next one.

Thanks for the replies. :welcome: