Klite Mega Codec Pack

shahed

Works for me but I have created my own pack anyway.

Thing is, the pack posted is missing the QickTime Alternative installer (which was removed from the official pack).

Also, as the pack features A LOT of options, it is better you create your own pack with your own settings (unless you happen to use the same ones as the pack creator).

If you run the installer with the /makeunattended switch, it will guide you through the setup just as normal, however, instead of installing, it will write the proper switches to an INI.

Then, you simply call the created BAT file and it will unattendedly install the pack with your favourite settings applied.

Of course, you will have to make an addon pack from that, but I found it's a piece of cake if you use Cr

how do i run the installer with the /makeunattended switch?
Its -makeunattended

Use the CMD prompt and CD to the folder containing installer and run the installer with the parameter

klmcodec2.xx.exe -makeunattended

EDIT: You dont really have to do the -makeunattended part, thats if you want to personalize the install. But if you want the default settings you can just dl the original installer and use CMenu to find which switch (SILENT or VERYSILENT) to use with nlaom to make your own personal addon.

Its -makeunattended

Oops, sorry, my bad!

About every other programme uses the slash for parametres, just this one has to use the hyphen...

Anyway, here's the official guide, just in case ;)

http://codecguide.com/silentinstall.htm

EDIT: You dont really have to do the -makeunattended part, thats if you want to personalize the install. But if you want the default settings you can just dl the original installer and use CMenu to find which switch (SILENT or VERYSILENT) to use with nlaom to make your own personal addon.

True, but I figured, with an app such as this and countless of (important no doubt!) settings, you'd want to personalize it one way or the other.

At least I know I do, and that's why I consider a pre-made installer not that optimal in this case.

Anyway, just pointing out so you don't wonder why something may not work exactly as expected after all.