MSN Messenger 256 Color Tray Icon

cygnus

Want to change the MSN messenger icon in your system tray in OS's before Windows 2000?

Heres how!

First, your going to need to install the following patch, it patches your tray Icons to support 256 color rather than the ugly 16 colors it defaults to.

Dr. Hoiby's tray icon patch.

Before:

before.jpg

After:

after.jpg

All you need to do is download the file below and extract it to your MSN messenger directory. If you want, I can also make a self extracting archive for everyone.

Let me know if it works for you!

Mirror1: Download

Mirror2: Download <--- usually faster, but you need to wait to be redirected.

Edited by cygnus

and here we go, aim is now done.

Download: Mirror 1

Edit: I guess I should put how to use this eh? :blush:

all you gotta do is unpack the rar file to X:\Program Files\AIM (X being your harddrive letter) thats it :D

Edited by cygnus

Want to change the MSN messenger icon in your system tray in OS's before Windows 2000?

Heres how!

First, your going to need to install the following patch, it patches your tray Icons to support 256 color rather than the ugly 16 colors it defaults to.

Dr. Hoiby's tray icon patch.

Before:

before.jpg

After:

after.jpg

All you need to do is download the file below and extract it to your MSN messenger directory. If you want, I can also make a self extracting archive for everyone.

Let me know if it works for you!

Mirror1: Download

Mirror2: Download <--- usually faster, but you need to wait to be redirected.

very nice :)

moved to gfx tweakes forum

Thanks for moving it WolfX2, sorry for not posting in the right place.

Anyway, I have done one more program. Windows Messenger for Windows 2000. you can download the updated file below. It changes the icon from the ugly 16 color to 256 colors, so... it looks a heck of a lot nicer.

Enjoy! :P

Download: Mirror 1

Edit: I have updated the Windows Messenger file, it now contains as many icons from Windows Live Messenger as I could change. Hope you enjoy this version. If you want, I can put the original one back up.

@ricktendo64, did you get my email? :unsure:

Edited by cygnus

• 10 months later...

If you can wait until the weekend, I can get them back up. Work lately leaves me no time in the evenings other than to get ready to do it all over again the next day :lol:

Anyway, I'll try to get them up on the weekend. I got a lot of stuff to do over the next couple of days.

Sorry for the links being down, my account must have been deleted because of lack of hits or something.

Look at the date I last posted in this thread:

Aug 26 2006, 09:22 AM