I am looking for a good System Recovery CD maker

LUZR4LIFE

I have been using ATI for my images but my clientele has started to pick up and I want to start adding recovery discs to my list of services. If possible, please keep in mind that these will be people that are not computer literate. LOL.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like it is a bit late as I just stumble your post.

Have you tried PE bart disc? It is a very handy bootable disc to recover existing data off from an unbootable system (Unbootable in term of system OS crash/corrupted only. Not hardware failure).

Beside, you can custom-built it (All programs addon are purely inf-base, which you already know). Support USB devices, which makes it attractive.

BTW, ATI (Acronis True Image) only works when there is an existing image already created in separate partition or external hdd. It can't save existing data when system files are too corrupted.

Of course, these are just my opinion. :P

Forgot to post the link for PE bart disc. Terribly sorry.

PE Builder

There is another recovery CD you can made which I forgot to mention, REATOGO

I have built these two versions but I perfer PE Bart Disc as it is more flexible in term of adding your own program. No need to install on host PC to get the plugin. Most of the plugin are created by 3rd party authors. PE Bart disc can work on XPSP2. It will not work if your source is XPSP3 or updated SP2 as PE Builder is a rather old program (around yr 2006. Precisely is Feb 17, 2006). Stick to a clean XPSP2 (Preferably SP1 splistreamed into SP2) source.

REATOGO 3rd party program generally requires you to have the program already installed on host PC before the program can be generated. (so called the program addon). Example, if you wish to have OpenOffice added into REATOGO, you must have OpenOffice already installed on the PC. The plugin are actually cmd script designed to generate a compatible set of files so that REATOGO understands how to slipstream into it. Easier for 1st timer but avail cmd script is limited. (CMD script can be downloaded from the program UI).

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...