Vanishing Point Game

NIM

I went to Vista Team Blog and saw this box..

key_transparent.png

The same picture can be also found on IE Blog. This leads us to Vanishing point site..

As I got interested, I've browsed various forums and blogs to get some info about this..

I've found the blog of the Laughing Squid

I've also found a topic at Neowin.net and on Unifiction Forums.

Currently few puzzles have been solved.

Initial image was solved as wh0isl0ki

Also solved as iw4nttwinyou from a blog post on HeavenGames.com

Also solved as 3scap3grav1ty from an edited post by the mystery lokivanishes poster

Also solved as imm0rtaliz3m3 thanks to a key from Doug Stockwell

Also solved as wh3r3t0g0 thanks to the guys at unfiction

iw4nttwinyou - gives US phone number (when called asks for PIN) - solved with PIN 35813, prompting the user to THIS webpage

3scap3grav1ty - gives different grid-based puzzle - solved, leading the user to THIS webpage

3akix3ozidd1b - identical to the above - solved

wh0isl0ki - gives grid-based puzzle - solved, leading the user to THIS webpage

imm0rtaliz3m3 - gives an mp3 file, the waveform of which looks like THIS and is solved like this (thanks go to Ehsan from Unfiction), leading the user to THIS webpage

wh3r3t0g0 - gives some html-escaped data. Putting this into a basic html page reveals a word, leading the user to THIS webpage

There's also a Wiki article here.

What do you think guys, should we get involved in this also :sweatingbullets:

Guest beemarin

Looks like some viral marketing for a book/movie/game of some sort. Looks fun, but I think I'll watch others progress... too much time, and I'm kinda ... ok really bad at most puzzles :P

Looks like some viral marketing for a book/movie/game of some sort. Looks fun, but I think I'll watch others progress... too much time, and I'm kinda ... ok really bad at most puzzles :P

It looks like something that Bill Gates will announce at Vista presentation at the end of this month.