Uninstallation order in ADD/REMOVE

Ken@fri

Hi Rick !

I'm working on a AIO XP images pack replacer addon (ENU/FRA). My pack will replace :

• Screen saver
  • Wallpapers
  • UAP
  • sample pictures

by the ones I chose & added; it's uninstallable too.

But I have few worries.

1) I'm trying to reach this UAP choosing screen:

UAP_2.png

Unfortunately, this command "rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL nusrmgr.cpl" don't do that and uninstall my UAP Pack before user change his account picture (and then Advpack.dll prompts me about reboot, due to a UAP's in use).

2) I'm also trying to delete one entry (a resources file used to represent my packs in "Add/Remove prog"), but only if all others packs (04) are uninstalled. I used this command to check if one of my pack(s) is/are still present or not on system:

Vista2XP_Pack2.png

[Xtr3mRES_LiteDLL.Uninstall]

CustomDestination = Vista2XP.Pack.Check

RunPostSetupCommands = Delete.Vista2XPPack

; Checks if 'Vista2XP Pack 1, Pack 2, Pack 3 & Pack 4' are installed before uninstall

; V

Edited by Ken@fri

I think your "check" registry entries are the cause, you can only check for the reg "key" and "value" not the "data"...remove the reg data parts I mark in red because this is where the error message is supposed to go

"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\01 - %MYPICS%","DisplayName","%MYPICS_Name%",""

"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\02 - %ScrSaver%","DisplayName","%ScrSaver_Name%",""

"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\03 -

P%","DisplayName","%Wallpapers_Name%",""

"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\04 - %Wallpapers%","DisplayName","%Wallpapers_Name%",""

"","","","%Vista2XPPackUninsPrompt%",""

All that does is check in the registry for that key and value and if it does not exist it will fail and tell you why (using the error message you put)

I learned how to do this from INF_DOC.ZIP (look in appcheck.htm) and use it in my sidebar manual installer to check for alky, it it does not find it the install will fail

Checking For Existing Applications Before Installation

This Advanced INF Installer section checks for two registry keys: one associated with Office 95 and one with IExpress. If none of these keys exist, installation will fail and the user will be see the message in the last line of the section. To make sure more than one registry key is present, use two CustomDestination sections, one for each key.

[CustomDestinationSection]

49000 = CustomLDIDSection , 22

[CustomLDIDSection]

"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Office\95\InstallRoot","","",""

"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IExpress","InstallDir","",""

"","","","You are missing software required for upgrade!",""

Thanx 4 tuto & info Rick.

All that does is check in the registry for that key and value and if it does not exist it will fail and tell you why (using the error message you put)

I learned how to do this from INF_DOC.ZIP (look in appcheck.htm) and use it in my sidebar manual installer to check for alky, it it does not find it the install will fail

But, in my case, I'd like to delete my Vista2XP Pack 0 ONLY IF no others packs (Vista2XP Pack 1, 2, 3 & 4) regentries detected. :crying_anim02: