Windows 7 can't boot.. hangs on blank screen

blackace

hello everyone, i've encountered this problem first, when I defrag my pc, second, after i used windows updates.. After i've restart the computer, there's no animated bootscreen that appeared and it stays as a blank screen(black screen maybe).. there's no option like safe mode, restore to last known good configuration etc... after my bios checked for my devices, there it goes.. a Blank screen.. I tried using startup repair but it doesn't fix, even bootsec /fixmbr and /fixboot doesn't fix it? is it a virus? or a corrupt files?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,I would recommend you perform startup repair. Follow these steps:

To perform a Startup Repair follow the steps below:

1. Please insert the Windows 7 DVD and reboot the computer.

2. When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.

3. Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

I also recommend you to update the graphic drivers and see if it makes any difference. You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and

Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator

password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In Device Manager, locate the device, and then double-click the device name.

3. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions.

Hi,I would recommend you perform startup repair. Follow these steps:

To perform a Startup Repair follow the steps below:

1. Please insert the Windows 7 DVD and reboot the computer.

2. When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.

3. Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

I also recommend you to update the graphic drivers and see if it makes any difference. You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and

Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator

password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In Device Manager, locate the device, and then double-click the device name.

3. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions.

thanks for the reply, but I already tried this method and it doesn't fix the problem. maybe reformatting is the solution. I'll use Vista again and if Microsoft released a Service Pack for Windows 7 I'll use 7 as my OS again. Thank You So Much for your reply.