Add back a removed item

crashfly

Is there a way to add back an item (to an already installed OS) that was removed from the setup DVD during a W7T integration? It seem to me that I have a game that either depends on something that was removed, or some settings in the install got corrupted cause the game to not work right. I really do not want to do a complete reinstall (again), but I might have to if I cannot figure out the problem.

More specifically what I was referring to was using an "original" install disk (read untouched), and using that to add back a missing component of the currently running OS. I am not talking about adding back to the install disk (as I figured re-adding was not possible).

I know that this was possible (of sorts) to do in XP.

I am not sure if that is going to help. In looking at that directory, it appears those contain only the files that describe the "install" packages. It might help to add the ones that are missing, yet that does not get those that are "re-added" to be installed.

Right now, I think I will just have to do another complete reinstall. This time when I create the install media, I will just not remove anything. I did not remove much the first time anyway, but there appear to be side effects.