Below are some guidelines that will keep you out of trouble here.
» Posting Guidelines
1. This is not a warez site! Links or Requests to warez and/or illegal material (porn, cracks, serials, braindumps, etc..) will not be tolerated. Discussion of circumventing WGA/activation/timebombs/keygens or any other illegal activity will also not be tolerated. Advertising is strongly forbidden here. If you ignore any of the aforementioned you will be banned without previous notice.
2. Use some common sense. Don't post your question under multiple topics. Think before posting and choose the right topic for you question or answer. When posting, have something to say, not just "My First post!" or "Cool site!!!" We sort of have the idea how this site looks by now :-).
2.b Topics devoted to political debate, unless technology related, are prohibited. WinCert.net is a technology forum and political debates have no room here. Political links in signatures and polite, courteous comments in non-political topics are allowed, but we cannot allow any topics in which the sole purpose is to debate political issues.
2.c Requesting help with academic material, such as assignments, is not permitted on WinCert. Receiving such help is often viewed as plagiarism in many schools, and therefore cannot be allowed. This is for your own protection in your academic career. Not only is it cheating but you learn nothing from it.
3. Please do not post screenshots within threads that exceed 300x200 in resolution and 150kb in size. Provide a link to the image and host it on your own webspace if possible. If you do not have personal webspace try imageshack.us or Eazyshare . Always keep in mind we have several members on 56k and loading a thread with a few large screenshots can be quite slow for them.
4. Spamming will not be tolerated. We have provided a section for those who wish to share your personal websites, not commercial ones. Please use these sections only. We do keep a log of all IP traffic that comes in and out of this site. We will report spamming to your ISP!
4b. Double and triple posting is considered spamming also. Use the edit feature when adding new information.
5. Images in signatures should NOT exceed a total of 260x80px and 80kb in size. Flash and animated sigs are not permitted. You can enter max 4 lines of text in signature or signature image. Advertising and/or affiliates are not allowed in signatures nor avatars. (With the exception of one small link in addition to your signature just NO overt advertising). If your avatar or signature goes above these guidelines they will be taken off without previous notice. Members with slow connection can disable other members signatures when reading posts by going to: My Control - Options - Board Settings.
5.b Signatures are not allowed until you have a post count of 10 and above. PLEASE no spamming to increase your post count!
6. If you need to attach something, it'd be great if you could find a host for the file. Please only attach something if you absolutely have no other option. This will help keep the size of the database down and keep WinCert.net running smoothly for our members.
7. You are expected to be mature when discussing in threads. Racism, pornography, threatening, profanity, or excessive vulgarity is not tolerated. You will be promptly banned. No Exceptions.
This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without any notice.
8. Has the thread you started or participated in been moved, closed or deleted? Check with the forum moderator via PM. Under no circumstances start threads asking why other threads were moderated. Forum moderation is not up for public debate, such threads will be deleted and the thread starter warned. WinCert.net reserves the right to edit, delete or move posts made on this site. The previous also goes for signatures that have been modified or removed.
9. We do not encourage the raising of post counts or creating threads that state you have reached a post count milestone, unlike other forums that do. Please remember there's no prizes in store for those with a very high number of posts!
10. Do not use CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of WinCert's members. Using unnecessary font formatting (i.e., bold font, increased font sizes, colored fonts, etc.) on the full body of posts is also highly discouraged.
11. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about.
- Oh no!
- I'm mad
- Please help
- I need your help
- Hammy ....
This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.
A few good examples:
- Strange problem with DirectX9b redist
- RunOnceEx install problem (double installation)
- Change Internet Explorer's Icon back to default
12. Use the correct tags for a new topic. Available tags:
[Error] - If you are getting a Windows error message, program error message, or any other type of error message.
[Help] - If you need help changing settings or configuring a feature.
[How-to] - If you have a guide on how to do something.
[Question] - If you have a question that doesn't fall under any of the above categories. No errors or help requests.
[Misc] - If your topic doesn't fit into anything else here.
13. No user shall by any means of the forum: sell, trade or give away hardware, software, or any other non consumer electronic related material. WinCert.net does not support any type of trade and shall not be held accountable.
14. Please do not bash old topics when a member has made it active again, it's been made active for a good reason; to answer an unanswered question, or to bring new information. It does not need to be closed or deleted.
15. The "Report" button is not to be used for such things as requests for updates or general messages. The button is there to bring rules violations or needed thread moves to the attention of the staff. Use of the report button as a general communication tool can and will lead to official warnings. Multiple violations of this (and\or) any other rule will lead to a ban of the offending member.
Enjoy your stay at WinCert.net
WinCert.net Administration Team