Windows ISO Downloader

@Jan~  I have a few suggestions regarding ISO downloader software. 

1.  In the program itself, please add an update section.  Unless I am missing it I don't see anything to check for a newer version.  

2. Please add a description below the product that briefly describes the product.  After you choose Edition then Language, please add a description such as Windows Preinstallation Environment is..

3.  If I didn't request this already, please add any MSDaRT versions and add a separate category for it. 

4.  Please add a BACK button to the screen so the user can go back to the previous screen.

5. Please add a note to Window Editions stating a user must be log in before downloading the ISO. 

Thanks for the feedback. I was going to update a number of texts ayway in the next release, so I can make at least one your requested changes with it.

35 minutes ago, facecard said:

1.  In the program itself, please add an update section.  Unless I am missing it I don't see anything to check for a newer version.  

There's "What's new?" on the start screen, which tells you about new updates. I don't think it's possible to have a portable app (like the ISO downloader) that updates (replaces) itself automatically.

41 minutes ago, facecard said:

2. Please add a description below the product that briefly describes the product.  After you choose Edition then Language, please add a description such as Windows Preinstallation Environment is..

MS adds new stuff all the time, and about many downloads, I have no idea what they are. Therefore, adding individual descriptions is currently not an option. If you don't know what something is, you're probably not gonna need it, especially in the "developer" dropdown.

44 minutes ago, facecard said:

3.  If I didn't request this already, please add any MSDaRT versions and add a separate category for it. 

MSDaRT is only available to customers with Software Assurance for Windows Client OS. It's impossible to add it.

45 minutes ago, facecard said:

4.  Please add a BACK button to the screen so the user can go back to the previous screen.

"Back" is not supported by the MS Downloads API. Therefore, a back button doesn't work. I've tried it already.

53 minutes ago, facecard said:

5. Please add a note to Window Editions stating a user must be log in before downloading the ISO. 

This is a very good point. Only Insider and developer versions require log in. I'll add a note to the start screen.