[Solved] McRip IE9 not being installed

hobboy

I am yet to find the time to try the download links provided with the toolkit for IE9, but I can't seem to get IE9 to install on win7 x64 ultimate using the msu which i automaticaaly downloaded from McRip. I have ticked some options in the tweaks area for Internet explorer, would that cause the update to not install?

Also, is there a place to find a log of whether a certain update was installed following the installation of windows?

I am yet to find the time to try the download links provided with the toolkit for IE9, but I can't seem to get IE9 to install on win7 x64 ultimate using the msu which i automaticaaly downloaded from McRip. I have ticked some options in the tweaks area for Internet explorer, would that cause the update to not install?

Also, is there a place to find a log of whether a certain update was installed following the installation of windows?

What tweak?

My last integration using v50 worked with IE9 no problem...

Did you install the windows update (7.6.7600.256) in the 'additional' folder?

What tweak?

It seems that an update (7.6.7600.256) for my windows update client doesn't install. In the image I made last night I did the lazy method of adding all normal updates, and then adding all 'additional' updates' (msu + cab) because I didn't want to both picking them. Is this update of 'windows update' in the 'additional' folder required, or should it be available in one of the standard msus which download in the main folder?

although I don't think this is the problem now, i'll post these anyway.

Always show menu bar

Change the title

Gpu rendering

Turn cleartype on

unlimited simultaneous downloads

etc

I run only updates in a single integration and then my SFX and then my drivers and tweaks

here is what i add for IE9

McRip Windows 7 x64\Additional\KB982861.Internet.Explorer.9.0\IE9-win7.msu

McRip Windows 7 x64\Additional\KB982861.Internet.Explorer.9.0\Updates\IE9-Windows6.1-KB2719177-x64.msu

Did you install the windows update (7.6.7600.256) in the 'additional' folder?

Edited by compstuff

Ok so the problem is that NONE of my updates are being integrated in. Stupid not to see that, but I've still been getting used to using this program over the last couple of days so please forgive me.

ANYWAY, none of my .msu or .cab updates integrate into my image. I'm using the AIO integrator for windows 7 x64 ultimate (although the other 3 versions are on the image), any ideas what I would be doing wrong? The silent installs i've made integrate and work fine, as do the tweaks.

I tried using a simpler filepath, but when i integrate, all the updates go red and do not integrate. Surely I'm missing something simple here?

I've identified the problem of the updates failing. It was due to me naming my 'mount' folder with a space. I read the default name as 'win toolkit' instead of 'wintoolkit' so that's what i typed when moving the folder. So now the updates install as green.

However whenever I use the AIO to add things to my windows 7, I find thousands of lines of (the 4 identical lines are where ~5000 of these lines should be) in my mount log:

[8980] ListenFltThread:(522): The service received an extract for a file that is not in a mounted image. This extract will be ignored.

my computer name is 'hobo'

OS drive C:

storage drive E: 'hobostorage'

Here's the rest of the mount log, I tried using the uploader for it but it says the file is not permitted. The 'last session' file is the compliment of the mount log, as i only tried adding a few updates.

[8316] [ INFO ] Mounting new image.
Wim: [E:\CustomW7\test1\SOURCES\install.wim]
Image Index: [4]
Mount Path: [E:\TMP\WinToolkit\Mount]
[8316] [ INFO ] Wimserv process started for guid 2e06019d-93bf-4261-9f86-6af89a9902da. Id is 8980
[8980] ListenFltThread:(522): The service received an extract for a file that is not in a mounted image. This extract will be ignored.
[8980] [ INFO ] ImageUnmarshallHandle: Reconstituting wim at E:\CustomW7\test1\SOURCES\install.wim.
[8980] [ INFO ] Mounted image at E:\TMP\WinToolkit\Mount.
[6672] [ INFO ] ImageUnmarshallHandle: Reconstituting wim at E:\CustomW7\test1\SOURCES\install.wim.
[8980] [ INFO ] Received unmount request for image with guid 2e06019d-93bf-4261-9f86-6af89a9902da.
[8980] [ INFO ] Unmount for image at E:\TMP\WinToolkit\Mount complete.

Regards,

Harry

2012-08-07_15-08-18_2012-08-07_15-08-18.ini

I've identified the problem of the updates failing. It was due to me naming my 'mount' folder with a space. I read the default name as 'win toolkit' instead of 'wintoolkit' so that's what i typed when moving the folder. So now the updates install as green.

However whenever I use the AIO to add things to my windows 7, I find thousands of lines of (the 4 identical lines are where ~5000 of these lines should be) in my mount log:

my computer name is 'hobo'

OS drive C:

storage drive E: 'hobostorage'

Here's the rest of the mount log, I tried using the uploader for it but it says the file is not permitted. The 'last session' file is the compliment of the mount log, as i only tried adding a few updates.

[8316] [ INFO ] Mounting new image.
Wim: [E:\CustomW7\test1\SOURCES\install.wim]
Image Index: [4]
Mount Path: [E:\TMP\WinToolkit\Mount]
[8316] [ INFO ] Wimserv process started for guid 2e06019d-93bf-4261-9f86-6af89a9902da. Id is 8980
[8980] [ INFO ] ImageUnmarshallHandle: Reconstituting wim at E:\CustomW7\test1\SOURCES\install.wim.
[8980] [ INFO ] Mounted image at E:\TMP\WinToolkit\Mount.
[6672] [ INFO ] ImageUnmarshallHandle: Reconstituting wim at E:\CustomW7\test1\SOURCES\install.wim.
[8980] [ INFO ] Received unmount request for image with guid 2e06019d-93bf-4261-9f86-6af89a9902da.
[8980] [ INFO ] Unmount for image at E:\TMP\WinToolkit\Mount complete.

Regards,

Harry

Fixed, thank you for finding the issue.

I have no idea what the other error is about. It's probably trying to add an update which isn't needed as its parent feature is not installed.