So Many McRips Updates Files!

oguz

Hi All,

When the Win7-x64 SP1 updates in Mc rips are checked with Wintoolkit update catalogue, there are 490 updates in average. Why is this number so high? :g:

When windows updates are "checked by windows" (with win7-x64 SP1), there are only 95-100 new updates in average.

Is it meaningful to integrate McRips's that many update files to win7-x64 Sp1?

Ps: I don't mean McRips windows update files only. I am aware that there are extra bonus update files. However, I think that only the windows update files are even too many! Why?

Edited by oguz

Microsoft only offers you the critical security updates that will protect you from hackers, McRip/komm/SoLoR updates are ALL updates since SP1 which are (hot)fixes that are going to be added to SP2

So if you only want to be protected use what Microsoft is offering, if dont want to wait for SP2 to have all the fixes then use the update pack

Can we say that it would not be a problem to integrate hundreds of updates in McRip to Sp1?

We cannot say with certainty but usually no problems, just be careful what hotfixes you integrate not all can be integrated (this is why I use KUC to scan my mounted folder and let it tell me what updates I can integrate)

We cannot say with certainty but usually no problems, just be careful what hotfixes you integrate not all can be integrated (this is why I use KUC to scan my mounted folder and let it tell me what updates I can integrate)

What is KUC? It seems to be very useful. Where can I get this? Can you write a short note on how to use it? Is it used on live system or on the image?

Ps: won't the wintoolkit notify incompatible Updates?

• 2 weeks later...

What is KUC? It seems to be very useful. Where can I get this? Can you write a short note on how to use it? Is it used on live system or on the image?

Ps: won't the wintoolkit notify incompatible Updates?

KUC stands for Komm's Update Checker. It is available for both windows 7 and 8.It is still in the pre beta /beta test phase.So there are some bugs.

New KUC versions are released almost every 2 or 3 days(mostly database updates and some bug fixes)

http://windows-update-checker.com/

http://windows-updat...r.com/download/

It is tool for checking which updates are installed,not installed,not necessery,safe to remove old updates. etc

It can also download and install missing updates and remove old updates

Edited by amaltom61

Microsoft only offers you the critical security updates that will protect you from hackers, McRip/komm/SoLoR updates are ALL updates since SP1 which are (hot)fixes that are going to be added to SP2

So if you only want to be protected use what Microsoft is offering, if dont want to wait for SP2 to have all the fixes then use the update pack

there will be a sp2? any idea when that might be out?

edit: after looking around it appears that it wont be any time soon. maybe not until sometime in 2013

Edited by ccl0