[Solved] Favorites tweak broken.

foobuzz

Yes, of course.

That tweak to hide the Favorites option (Favourites::Hide) in the Windows 7 start menu does not work.

I tick it in WT 1.5.0.1 and my VM test installation still shows Favorites whereas the other tweaks (e.g. Documents::Hide, Devices & Printers::Hide, Downloads::Hide, Help & Support::Hide etc.) all work.

I used Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 as base and integrated IE9 + Language Pack into it (with DISM) prior to processing it with WT 1.5.0.1.

You probably want to adjust the title of the thread (ie remove [solved]) until everyone agrees that this is either fixed, or it can't be fixed. Has it ever worked correctly for you with any previous version of Win Toolkit? If so, which was the last version that worked correctly that you are aware of? Which VM, and version, are you using? Same one you have always used? What is the OS of your real, host system? Same one you have always used? Any new combination of either tweaks or addons this time around that you haven't used successfully before? Have you tried a build with JUST this tweak, nothing else, no other tweaks and no addons, maybe not even IE9, just to see if it is some weird interaction? (I can envision IE possibly overruling this tweak somehow.) Can you try any of the above on real hardware to see if it might be an odd VM thing? Just thought I'd throw out some random thoughts that might, or might not, help identify the issue. :) Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Cheers and Regards

In the last test installation, the Favorites item was gone.

As this installation was quite instable, I'll check it next time again.

Sorry, no chance to do a "real" installation now.

Edited by foobuzz