Which components breaks windows 7 installation if you remove them?

Borja Zunzu

Hello, I'm building my own windows 7 iso removing some components, but always I receive an error message during installation and can't continue.

I didn't removed any red color components.

But what should I keep to avoid installation errors? is there any guide of what to keep?

Thanks for your help

Edited by Borja Zunzu

Interesting list, I personaly dont recomend removing any components with the exception of a select few. e.g. International Themes, Games, and few non essenstial accessories. Other than I'm sure to run into problems. Problems may occur especially during a Service Pack installation. Anyhow I just wanted to put my 2 bits in.

Edited by dotfusion

Well removing the components are really a time wasting job.There is no 100% gaurente that the created iso will work and the installed windows 7 works fine without any errors.

I really don't know why you guys are trying to remove the componenets built into windows.

If you don't want them,just don't use them.Its just a waste of time.Removing the components maybe reducee the size of the iso by a few MBs.

But for installing windows a DVD or a 4 GB usb drive is needed.There is just no point in doing it