Installer issues?

xyla16

For some reason the Win Toolkit installer in version 22 isnt creating the WinToolkit_Apps folder anymore, after windows installation, the Toolkit installer crash without installing anything.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

Found what happened seem like the installer is adding "_" whenever he find a space between word path. See in my case below.

Fixed my problem as well, found that the win toolkit was placing the folder in C:\Users\Negi_Origin\Desktop\x86_step_6\WinToolkit_Apps instead of C:\Users\Negi Origin\Desktop\x86 step 6.

Found out the reason why.  Turns out it's a bug in Win Toolkit where it places the WinToolkit_Apps folder outside the ISO directory.  So in my situation, it was placing it in D:\Downloads instead of D:\Downloads\Windows 7\Professional\X17-59186 (where I extracted my ISO).

While I won't argue that it does seem to be an error, when will folks learn that THE DESKTOP IS AN ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLY ILL-ADVISED PLACE TO DO ANYTHING AS COMPLEX AS TRYING TO MAKE AN OS BUILD!!!!, at least that is my humble opinion. :) LOL  A type of place I would recommend would be something short, as close to the root of the drive as possible, and with no spaces such as C:\WTK.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

• 3 weeks later...