Some new Patches (09.04.2013) and v1.4.1.22

Thiersee

KB2772930, KB280990, KB2823180, coming today from Windows Update, goe red with version 1.4.1.22.

Thiersee

Edit:

1) KB2772930 belongs to AD-LDS (Active Directory) and it's not an issue FOR ME: I don't have AD, but I think it should not go red.

2) KB2809990 and KB2823180 together with KB2809215 belong to a "strange" Patch (KB2823180 itself): as I had a look, what patches MS published, I saw only KB2823180.

Before I downloaded it with Windows Update, I controlled (I do it always) what this patch is: on the german site only KB2809215 was available (genuinity control necessary!), on the italian site all three were available (no genuinity controll necessary); OK, I downloaded all three from the italian site for offline integrating.

Today is on all sites (english, italian, german) only KB2809215 for downloading available; but if I update with Windows Update, I get sometimes all three, sometimes only KB2823180 and KB2809215.

End of the story:

KB2823180 and KB280990 still go red, KB 2809215 goes green.

Solution for the issue: for all three patches a RUNNING Win7 ist necessary, it means the patches are not for an offline-integration, they can be only installed as silent-installers.

Edited by Thiersee

KB2809900 (btw, you forgot a 0 in the end) and KB2823180 are both, as you can see here, Windows Management Framework 3.0 related updates. Windows Management Framework 3.0 needs .net 4.5/4.0, so you need to move them both to silent installs area in AIO, and rename them so .net 4.5 (4.0) always installs first, then Windows Management Framework 3.0, and only after that those two updates,

Also, KB2772930 is an AD LDS update. I don't get it in my WU window from this month because I haven't integrated AD LDS related hotfixes. So you also need to move that KB2772930 by renaming it with a ''z'' in front, making it integrate last / after the hotfixes in the AD LDS folder.

btw, why do you need AD LDS for? You're really a power user... :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

btw, why do you need AD LDS for? You're really a power user... :)

I got the same results after some sleep :thumbsup_anim:

BTW, I don't have AD-LDS

Anyway, Lego should move ("hard code") the patches to the silent-installrs.

Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

Looks like there's also a need for a prerequisite area in the silent installer category from AIO. Why - already said above, .net 4.5 + Windows Management Framework 3.0 should always be installed first during first logon (in this order), so that other hotfixes for Windows Management Framework 3.0 (currently only two for it - KB2809900 and KB2823180) can install after that. All of them are recommended updates in WU, so this is a needed thing to do.

I'll make a request if when Lego's back', he won't solve this one.

About that AD LDS hotfix, I'll take a look this week. :)

LE: Windows Management Framework 3.0 cannot be integrated because .net 4.5 currently cannot be integrated (no true addon for it), and so neither can their hotfixes. :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

• 2 weeks later...

@Lego There was also another issue in this thread - KB2809215, KB2809900 and KB2823180 are all Windows Management Framework 3.0 (KB2506143) related updates, so all need to go to the silent installer area, since KB2506143 is also not integratable.

Also please make a warning (if you don't intend to make a prerequisite area also in the silent installers / implement another solution) that .net 4.0 and KB2506143 are prerequisites, if one of those updates are detected in the integration queue in AIO. :)