Windows setup language

nooname

I'm missing something obvious here.

The first AIO I created for testing purposes only contained a few updates and language packs. When installing I was asked to select a language two times. The frist for the setup langauge and the second for the langauge of windows.

Now I'm creating a "true" AIO (just for the sake of doing it) with just about everything I could think of. All editions, x64, x86, all updates, all language packs, all local packs and some USB 3.0 drivers. But now it only asks me for the langauge of windows during setup. The setup itself is english (as I used an english ISO as basis).

What am I missing?

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently it's caused by a language pack or a certain number of language packs. I assume nobody knows which exactly so that I may be spared from figuring it out myself by adding one language pack at a time. That'll take hours...

The problem didn't occur when I integrated the language packs first and combined them after that. I could test again what happens if I combine them first and integrate the packs alter. But that would take a whole day again. I kind of wanted to save time with this. Instead I ended up investing enough time to install windows and download updates for a hundred times...

Edited by nooname

Sorry I don't know the answer to your problem, but I also don't quite understand what you meant when you tried to explain when you had the problem and when you didn't.

The problem didn't occur when I integrated the language packs first and combined them after that. I could test again what happens if I combine them first and integrate the packs alter. [...]

Could you please explain this in a little bit more detail? I still will probably not have the answer for you, but maybe it will trigger something for someone else.

Cheers and Regards

I took a x86 install.wim and integrated the x86 language packs. Then I took a x64 install.wim and integrated the x64 language packs there too. After that I combined them to an AIO wim. The problem with the missing setup language selection didn't occur here.

I could try to combine x86 and x64 first and then add the language packs just to see if that caused the problem. But that'd take painfully long again.