McRip-Komm-Toolkit Integration

compstuff

So I got through my Step-1 and Step-2 and after a little tweaking I got all but KB2823180 to integrate perfectly (I will get back to KB2823180 and figure it out) but I decided to use the latest KUC to see where I stood with the image and damn it showed that I had to download 49 updates with lots more changes than I expected. KUC_packages_OUT.TXT This really surprised me and has me re-thinking how I want to use the tools moving forward

Edited by compstuff

I already created a separate post about KB2823180 but I just finished another test and after using McRips's updates which included the WU_Satisfy I was left with KB2823180 showing in MS Update and also in the KUC. I ran each step of the KUC process and after completion MS Update is clean and so is the KUC. I really can't explain or understand all the differences but everything seems complete and stable.

KUC and MacRip sometimes don't go together. For me the same version of KUC shows different files to download in the same PC but different OS(win 7 sp1 ultimate 32 bit). One with almost 400 updates and the other with just SP1.

KUC showed it is missing update KB2829589. But it is for WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2 ??????.

I currently downloads all MacRip updates and checks with KUC for any Missing files(Usually less than 20). If found I google them using the KB number.If it is a needed one, download it and integrate to the image. Googgling all the updates may not be a practical but its the only way to prevent downloading and installing unnecessary updates

KUC has a lot of database issues recently.

KB2823180 is WMF 3.0 and it's not integratable. Move it to the silent installers tab, and make sure you install before it .net 4.5

Also, all updates to it, make sure are installed after KB2823180 is installed (rename the hotfixes, put ''zzzz'' in front of them so they install last).

I use to use the zzz trick with Ryan integrator for XP :-) ...does WinToolKit change the install order from the .ini that we create? I will check also check this since I am testing today.

KB2823180 is WMF 3.0 and it's not integratable. Move it to the silent installers tab, and make sure you install before it .net 4.5

Also, all updates to it, make sure are installed after KB2823180 is installed (rename the hotfixes, put ''zzzz'' in front of them so they install last).