Miscellaneous feedback

x79

I encountered some bug where install.wim failed to rebuild twice. I first selected an install.wim without a sources folder (f:\_working\8_Pro\install.wim). Next I used the component removal. I then used the AutoUnattended creator, finished, and went back to the main menu. Next I used the All-In-One Integrator. I got the message that some things would be disabled but it looked like everything was available. I saved the profile when I hit start. It failed to rebuild the wim file and went back to main menu. I thought maybe it was because I tried to remove the same components twice so I opened a fresh install.wim and had the same error. I closed WTK, reopened, opened the AIO Integrator, loaded the saved profile and then everything went smoothly. I have attached the error log.

Here are some other non-critical things that didn't seem to work as I expected:

• Start menu tweaks don't apply to windows 8.
  • Disable Admin shares tweak no longer works on Windows 8. Another way to accomplish this is to create a scheduled task to delete the shares at boot, though I don't know a way to automatically detect what other drives exist.
  • The component removal seems to be a predefined list as opposed to detecting the packages in the wim. After I removed components using the component removal tool, the same packages still showed as installed when I went to the AIO Integrator.
  • In the services tab, the Black Viper buttons seemed to grab windows 7 settings even though there are pages for Windows 8 settings.

Here are some things I would like to see implemented:

• Disable/Delete scheduled tasks
  • Add/remove cursors and cursor schemes.
  • Remove original Wallpapers.
  • Manage Windows 8 lock screen images.
  • Enable/Rename Administrator account. (Maybe this can be done with AutoUnattended?)
  • Add Classic Shell to the Downloads section. (Or a link to a list of start menu replacements)
  • Add a tweak to change "Display delete confirmation dialog".

WinToolkit_Error.txt

Edited by x79

Sorry about that. Originally I browsed to the file but didn't hit the attach button :-/

As an update, my admin shares are currently disabled. I'm not sure what changed since I installed and updated/rebooted several times but I'm confident they were present on first boot. I used Server 2012 as a desktop for months and I could not seem to get them disabled but on 8 Pro, everything appears to be working correctly now.

Edited by x79