[BUG] Removing Speech & natural language component causes NetFx 3.5 unable to be installed

pitoloko

Following the question that I've puslighed here ~> NetFX 3.5 package unable to install in Windows 8.1 I've found the problem, is simple as this:

Removing the 'Speech & natural language' component on the component removal section causes NetFx 3.5 to be unable to be installed on Windows 8.1 ('ve tested it on Win 8.1 x64 Core edition)

My suggestion is just to fix the problem or at least add an advertisement on the comments of the component to remove advertising that the component will corrupt NetFx 3.5, on Windows 8.1.

Trying to enable NetFx 3.5 from WinToolkit does not fix anything, it stills ask that the component is missing, when Windows 8.1 is installed and you try to run an assembly that targets to Framework 3.5

So the solution that I'm using at the moment is:

1. Keep the Speech & Natural language component

2. Use a silent installer to install FW 3.5 at the RunOnce step.

Thanks for read.

Edited by pitoloko

• 5 weeks later...

.NET Framework 3.5 Standalone Installer for Windows 8.1 x86-x64 / Server 2012 R2

- Info

Standalone Offline Multilingual Installer to Enable .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 8.1 x86/x64 or Windows Server 2012 R2

basically it's a Portable Source contains the required files for .NET 3.5 for all languages.

- Important:

Only/Best workable on a fresh installed system with no updates applied.