DISM for Win 10

Thiersee

• 11 months later...
On 5/30/2018 at 10:47 PM, shhnedo said:

Uninstall your 8.1 kit and download the latest one from MS.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=873065

Then add the path to the new dism.exe in wintoolkit. That should do it.

Hey Shhnedo,

Vasudev here. Do you know why I get No SP1 detected when I use Simplix pack to update win 7 Sp1 boot.wim files index=*?

Another question: Won't Win 10 Dism exe conflict with W7's? Win 10 Dism is more powerful with lot of options..

11 hours ago, vmk said:

Do you know why I get No SP1 detected when I use Simplix pack to update win 7 Sp1 boot.wim files index=*?

Because the updatepack works ONLY on the install.wim. boot.wim manipulation was never intended or implemented.

11 hours ago, vmk said:

Won't Win 10 Dism exe conflict with W7's?

No conflicts.

And anyway, servicing windows 8.1/10 isn't fully supported under windows 7. Conversely, windows 7/8.1/10 images can be serviced under windows 10. Simply having and using the adk from a newer OS doesn't provide full support for servicing newer OS images relative to the host OS.

7 hours ago, shhnedo said:

Because the updatepack works ONLY on the install.wim. boot.wim manipulation was never intended or implemented.

No conflicts.

And anyway, servicing windows 8.1/10 isn't fully supported under windows 7. Conversely, windows 7/8.1/10 images can be serviced under windows 10. Simply having and using the adk from a newer OS doesn't provide full support for servicing newer OS images relative to the host OS.

Thank you.

Edited by vmk
Incorrect quotes