How to add these into nLite.

Kelsenellenelvian

To add silent installers in as hotfixes in nlite you copy the following code into notepad and fill in the blanks. Then save as entries_****.ini (Make the **** into the progs name to prevent double file errors)

[general]
Title =
Version =
Description =
Language =
BuildDate =
Website =

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
Program.exe <---- Place the installers name here!

Then add the installer into a folder called svcpack in the same directory as the .ini file and rar, zip, 7z or cab them. then simply add as an hotfix in nLite...

As for the RVM integrator it now takes switchless installers just as they are.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a need for /S after the Program.exe to make it Silent?

for example:

[general]

Title =7-Zip

Version =4.63

Description =7-Zip is a file archiver for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista

Language =74 languages

BuildDate =01/02/2009

Website =http://www.7-zip.org/

[EditFile]

I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]

7z463.exe /S <----------

Thanks!

Guest DennyMK
Is there a need for /S after the Program.exe to make it Silent?

for example:

[AddProgram]

7z463.exe /S <----------

Thanks!

Yes, that's the silent switch (command which doesn't allow the visibility of the program installation).

Yes, that's the silent switch (command which doesn't allow the visibility of the program installation).

Thanks Denny. I tried the 7z addon that I created and used this ini file but received a 7-zip failed load error during the windows installation of MCE in VMware.

Back to the drawing board. :doh:

Guest DennyMK
Thanks Denny. I tried the 7z addon that I created and used this ini file but received a 7-zip failed load error during the windows installation of MCE in VMware.

Back to the drawing board. :doh:

Maybe you should download a few add-ons, unpack them and see how they supposed to be created. :type:

By the way, don't give up... :tumbleweed:

Maybe you should download a few add-ons, unpack them and see how they supposed to be created. :type:

By the way, don't give up... :tumbleweed:

Thanks again. No worries, I got it figured out. :manual:

I downloaded the 7z that Reaper upload very recently http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?sho...amp;#entry39942 and studied it, created my own, and it just successfully installed in VMWare.

I think I have all of Reapers addons now :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

That gets me confused again and again, guys! At different forums I see that people recommend AutoIt to make the unattended install of addons silent. But now I can see that you recommend to use the silent switches. So, why do I need AutoIt then?!? E.g., I want to make some changes in pre-install windows of Winamp (like disable Winamp Library and visualizations) - before they all are installed on my computer. When I make it through SVCPACK method with a simple silent switch, it installs with all these features installed - this is what I don't want to happen. Now, when I heard about the capabilities of AutoIt I was quite happy to use it. I even wrote a script which makes the whole process of install quite seamless. But when it comes to switches, I really get confused - 'coz some say AutoIt allows for switchless install and some say - one still needs to use switches for different installers.

Which one 's true, for God's sake! :(

• 4 months later...

You cant launch a .msi file from svcpack, you have to either usea a msi launcher (msistub.exe) or you could also use a .cmd file and use example.msi /qn /norestart

BTW you it wont install during svcpack, you need to mod it with this tutorial

If you search around ryanvm.net/msfn, msfn.org and here you may find some addons already made