Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
arepie

XP Sp3 Addon Problem

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I have a problem where some of addon cannot be install during XP setup. When i integrate with nlite, all the addon have been added to the .iso which i can see it clearly in i386 folder. I have tried disabling the sfc and enable it. I have tried to compile under xp sp2(untouch) and sp3(untouch). All the addon md5 is correct. I have noticed that all the addon that can't be install have a .cab file.

Is it a common issue or only i have this kind of problems? I have been trying to find solution from many web, but i can't find one that help me fix this. So, anyone that can help, please show me that right path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ALtF4
Hello,

I have a problem where some of addon cannot be install during XP setup. When i integrate with nlite, all the addon have been added to the .iso which i can see it clearly in i386 folder. I have tried disabling the sfc and enable it. I have tried to compile under xp sp2(untouch) and sp3(untouch). All the addon md5 is correct. I have noticed that all the addon that can't be install have a .cab file.

Is it a common issue or only i have this kind of problems? I have been trying to find solution from many web, but i can't find one that help me fix this. So, anyone that can help, please show me that right path.

yes,you are right...

we have some problem too..

our addon maker friends try to solve it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm personally staying clear of sp3 until all these quirks are resolved.. just seems like too much hassle at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some issues myself... under classic setup it works just fine. Tried this, it gets stuck on normal setup screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

you are using RVMintergator ???

try to use nlite

i heard their is a bug in the RVM integrator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that addons with spaces in the path or filename, or excessively long filenames, may not work right with RVM.

Avoid this:

d:\Addons\My fav addons\my_addon.zip

I've been using RVM to integrate SP3 and about 20 addons for months and it works very well. Once I prefect my RVMi build, I run Nlite over it, then DPs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...