WPI for Legacy OS'es!

Kelsenellenelvian

Announcing!

OK it has been asked for before! We just spent the last 2 days straight on this getting it to work alright on Windows 2000 and earlier (Targeting 98!)

Windows Post-Install Wizard (WPI for short) is a hypertext application designed for giving users choice. While Windows offers many ways of customizing the setup process out of the box, its major drawback is the lack of being able to select which applications an end user may install. In the past, end users and administrators needed to either download the files manually, or create overly complex scripts that could only be used once. WPI allows you to create one image, which can then be custom configured, and optionally, automated, so that end users can install any applications.

No longer will you need a dozen CD's or more when doing a fresh Installation. No longer will you need multiple files when you are servicing another PC. With Windows Post-Install Wizard all that you will need is 1 or 2 CD\DVD's to fully install your PC with all of your apps, scripts, registry files or tweaks. Instead of having to re-download those apps like adobe reader, flash or updates to programs you can have them all on one disk.

With your typical setup of WPI you have your OS and all of the apps, tweaks and such on one disk. After windows installs, WPI kicks in and you are given a selection of everything you have configured WPI with, then you can select the ones you want or simply let the timer run out and your default apps will install.

Main Interface:

th_07766_Interface_122_416lo.jpg

No there no real instructions yet but allot of you are familiar with WPI and it is a fairly simple program to use.

I will reserve the next couple of post for instructions and descriptions, but I am leaving to party tonight!

Place the WPI folder at the root of your disk and the WPI.cmd folder at the root of the disk. (Yes the startup is kinda rough but it will be improved.)

Please visit our forum section and ask away for more advice.

Attached is version 1 of WPI Classic and a sample config file. Plus a Win2k- based theme. See pic.

th_97234_Untitled_1_122_349lo.jpg

PLEASE remember to donate if you really like and use this prog!

Yes it will work on the newer operating systems and can be configured on them.

Thanks much for this, sir.

I use many of your RyanVM addons for my XP slipstreaming, which have always worked just fine, as well as WPI.

I keep a "classic" PC around for Win98/DOS gaming, and am due soon for a re-install and update; this tool will really help.

Kelsenellenelvian has become a "trusted brand" in our household. Thanks ever so much.