Silent Installer Help

I have recently download all of the files recommended by users, and followed several silent installer programs. I am having a heck of a time getting anything to work. Everything goes fine, using ricktendo's method, outlined in his Tutorial Video, until i use the drag and drop on me utility that was recommended by him. Then i start to get errors, like invalid 7zip file.

Im running a Compaq SR1923WM with a 120GB Sata HDD,

Windows XP MCE SP3, I have ALL .Net frameworks download.

ResHack, 7z457, 7Zip, 7Zip SFX Maker,

CMenu, Orca, SendToA3x, UniExtract, Drag and Drop on me batch Creator

Can anyone describe exactly what I need to do, with the above programs, and in which order, to make these 2 programs into silent installers:

AVG Free - Latest Build

Everest.exe

And Tell me if im missing a program.

Thanks in advance

Did you watch the videos?

yes, and after following the video to the "T"

i get an error saying any and all files, are not valid 7z files. The silent installers seem to be missing one small piece, and im not sure what it may be.

When I am done, they just wont package up right. i have tried over 30 different exe files, most of them INNO Setup's, and used windows defender and actually did it while watching your video, step by step, and even that didnt work.

Make sure the config.txt is utf8 format

I double checked the config.txt and everything is fine on that end.

How ever, i have noticed that a few other programs are bugging out bad and not working either.

I will post the results of the scans im running. I think i may have a virus or malware causing me a few problems.

NO NEED TO PANIC! The computer i do all the work on has next to nothing on it, if i need to, ill nuke it, start from scratch.

Thanks for the patience and help. If i am succeful getting rid of the NASTIES, ill re download everything, and try again.

Finally Finished.

After reformating my PC, and redownloading everything, I have been able to make silent installers.

I have a new issue with my silent installers though.

1st- AVG and Adobe reader extract before they install. Do i need a special switch or are there special steps for programs that need to extract everything before they begin.

2nd - When i try to do a mergetasks switch or a tasks switch, to put desktop icon on desktop, it doesnt

example

Spyware Doctor 6, Installs fine, but i cant get switch to put desktop icon on, or switch for taking autoupdate off.

Finally- When i identify installers, i see where i can record installation. How could i use those INF Files it generates, to make an installer silent?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Ok, got everything figured out, except for programs like avg free, and adobe reader.

When i go to make these into silent installers, nothing works, since they have to unpack themselves.

Everything else is working perfect now. Any advice how to correct this?

Yea I have this problems also with some installers that extract and/or have a setup.exe, I sometimes use WinRAR instead or you can make a cmd or bat file to launch the installer

script.cmd

start /wait NameOfInstaller.exe /switches

config.txt

RunProgram="hidcon:NameOfFile.cmd"

Yea I have this problems also with some installers that extract and/or have a setup.exe, I sometimes use WinRAR instead or you can make a cmd or bat file to launch the installer

script.cmd

start /wait NameOfInstaller.exe /switches

config.txt

RunProgram="hidcon:NameOfFile.cmd"

Thanks so much. Worked perfect.

Was wondering if you could tell me exact steps for incorporating these into XP MCE SP3.

I am familiar with how to run Nlite, just not sure how to get the .ini or .inf from the setup, to slipstream it into the OS. A friend of mine was able to put Malware Bytes onto the cd for me, but he is not available, and i have not been able to recreate the process.

• 2 weeks later...
Download another silent installer addon and simply look at how its done and edit it

I also answered this question here that should help you understand it a bit better

Ok, final questions.

1. I have a program that when installed autolaunches the registration app..

Can you give or point me in the direction of a cmd or bat file that will auto input my registration code, so i dont have to. I want to nlite the whole thing. but nlite crashes when it gets to the part of installing software.

2. how would i make a silent installer copy a file from one directory, to a new directory?

you could use taskkill to close the reg window, if its a msi you can find the switches to add the serial but if its not you could add the registration with a .reg file or using reg add

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="Installer.exe /switches"
RunProgram="hidcon:taskkill /f /im nameofprocess.exe"
RunProgram="hidcon:reg add \"hklm\\bla\bla\" /v bla /t bla /d bla /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

to make the installer copy a file use copy or xcopy in a RunProgram (xcopy is best)

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="Installer.exe /switches"
RunProgram="hidcon:xcopy \"path\\fileorfolder\" /switches \"path\\fileorfolder\""
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Use xcopy\reg add /? to get more help

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...