Microsoft Security Essentials hits RTW

NIM

Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

Microsoft Security Essentials is a free* download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up to date so you can be assured your PC is protected by the latest technology. It

you're quick. i was just about to post this

A friend from Microsoft popped a message to me, so I decided to post immediately :)

I was waiting for this, since I had strange issues with Nod32 on Vista and I suspect on Windows 7 too.

ok i tested the beta from this security

and it seems it's a nice one

small and doesn't take any ram

but i'm happy with my NOD32 for now

and by the way

Microsoft Security Essentials hits RTW

that should be RTM ?? or what

No, that should be RTW - Released to Web :) since it won't be included as bundled product.

MSE is not allowed to run any higher than low priority, uses CPU throttling, and won't run any active code if the PC isn't idle, basically, it was designed to run in a perf envelope of XP on a low-end netbook...

So, really restricted, even during the beta it never caused a slowdown or hiccup, which is pretty impressive considering that even Symantec does that from time to time. Latest version of Symantec should is lightweight and pretty good, but the biggest minus is that it doesn't contain anti spyware.

oh my mistake

i didn't know that there is an RTW

thx for the info

yeah i used it for a month in the beta

but it didn't catch any virus ( i thought it was bad)

then i reinstalled Nod and made a scan and didn't find

so i was sure that it was a great tool

it works silently

i may return to use it when i reinstall windows

and thx for the latest version

A friend from Microsoft popped a message to me, so I decided to post immediately :)

I was waiting for this, since I had strange issues with Nod32 on Vista and I suspect on Windows 7 too.

What issues did you have with NOD. I haven't had any issues yet. Well, that I am aware of. Do you think Essentials will be as good as the leading AV pro.?

i'm a big fan od nod32 myself. it didn't seem to adversely effect my system performance and had a low memory footprint. however, it seems like with every new version the memory usage has gone up a little. i think version 2 used less than 20mb ram. ver 3 used less than 50. this is unofficial testing, just what i noticed in task manager.

i'm interested in trying out this one from m$

I can confirm that MSE isn't working on my Windows Vista (laptop) on which I have also installed Checkpoint with Endpoint Security for VPN connections.

After the reboot, PC just freezes. I suspect that these two applications interfere.