Window 7 users struggle to boot up

Guest snakecracker

Guest snakecracker

Windows 7 owners are having problems installing their new operating system, especially over Vista, according to comments on Microsoft's support site.

Many find their installation goes into infinite reboot after 62% of the installation is complete. Switching off and rebooting doesn't help either because the system no longer recognises the older operating system.

Microsoft says the problem occurs because the Iphlpsvc service stops responding during the upgrade. But others may also be to blame.

One user who followed Microsoft's fix said it took 48 hours to get a working installation, with installation runs taking 10 hours a time. Even then he had to delete his wireless card and get the operating system to find it again.

Source

This is when users upgrade... tbh i think they should just do a clean install.... its easier and it would be better....

Yup, me did 2 clean installs with no problems. I remember vista (or xp???) had done something similar to this, and ms has released a fix for it.

Edited by MrNxDmX