Two optional requests and one suggestion/question

RicaNeaga

Optional Requests (it's up to you to consider if they're worth implementing from an efficiency or benefits / time spent perspective):

1. Make the AIO app multi-runs qualified

The current behaviour is like this: If after a single run of AIO tool, in which I chosed for example to integrate some updates, I then choose to make other changes but I'm not exiting W7T, changes like integrating drivers, on my second run not only the drivers are integrated but also the updates from the first run again. If I choose to integrate some tweaks in the third run, updates are integrated alongside for the third time, and drivers for the second time.

For this not to happen, I think it's best that somehow in the example above the updates will become unticked after the integration process took place in the first run, so that in the second run of the AIO tool they won't integrate again.

You know if it's worth the effort of implementing this, or only to specify somewhere (very visible in W7T) that it's best to make all the changes in the same run.

2. Updates are always beeing integrated first / operations from the AIO tool are prioritised

Can you prioritize the operation that take place in the AIO tool, if they aren't already prioritised? An obvious reason is that the Improve USB Storage devices performance tweak needs KB2581464 to be implemented.

The proritisation may be like: Updates, then drivers integration, then component removal, then tweaks & services, and at last addons&silent installers and other stuff. Nlite/vlite have similar behaviours.

3. Suggestion / Question

In the ast session preset of AIO tool, are you sure you want to preserve the last section - options? I'm asking from the perspective of making these presets work with future builds of W7T, that may include other options pre-ticked. Why not including the options of the AIO tool in the options of your app? It's also easier I think for the user to find all the options in one place...

Edited by RicaNeaga

1. Make the AIO app multi-runs qualified

The current behaviour is like this: If after a single run of AIO tool, in which I chosed for example to integrate some updates, I then choose to make other changes but I'm not exiting W7T, changes like integrating drivers, on my second run not only the drivers are integrated but also the updates from the first run again. If I choose to integrate some tweaks in the third run, updates are integrated alongside for the third time, and drivers for the second time.

For this not to happen, I think it's best that somehow in the example above the updates will become unticked after the integration process took place in the first run, so that in the second run of the AIO tool they won't integrate again.

You know if it's worth the effort of implementing this, or only to specify somewhere (very visible in W7T) that it's best to make all the changes in the same run.

It's best if you just did everything in one run, i don't know why people do stuff separately. If you want to make some more changes without updates for example, then... "Updates" Tab > "Remove" > "Remove All". Just 3 simple clicks. I can add an option for auto-removing items from lists after completion?

2. Updates are always beeing integrated first / operations from the AIO tool are prioritised

Can you prioritize the operation that take place in the AIO tool, if they aren't already prioritised? An obvious reason is that the Improve USB Storage devices performance tweak needs KB2581464 to be implemented.

The proritisation may be like: Updates, then drivers integration, then component removal, then tweaks & services, and at last addons&silent installers and other stuff. Nlite/vlite have similar behaviours.

They are already installed in the correct order:

1. Updates

2. Component Removal

3. Drivers

4. Unattended

5. Theme Packs

6. Gadgets

7. Wallpapers

8. Services

9. Silent Installers

10. Addons

11. Tweaks

After that it works with boot.wim (Language packs for example).

3. Suggestion / Question

In the last session preset of AIO tool, are you sure you want to preserve the last section - options? I'm asking from the perspective of making these presets work with future builds of W7T, that may include other options pre-ticked. Why not including the options of the AIO tool in the options of your app? It's also easier I think for the user to find all the options in one place...

Yeah i'm sure, it comes in very handy for testing.

I plan on updating the 'W7T Options' screen so i will take this into consideration. Also not all the AIO Tool options get saved into settings.txt

Edited by Legolash2o

• 4 weeks later...