Some doubts...

alfreire

Hello, I have some doubts ...

-When updates are applied to an image that already has previous updates, if any repeats, skip those that are equal to or above the reinstall? what is the best way to add new updatesto an image when you do not remember the updates that you added previously, or is itbetter to create a new image?

-If you add a new version of an integrated driver previously, is updated or not installed?

-When drivers are integrated into boot.wim image are added to Windows PE, WindowSetup or both?

Thank you very much for this wonderful program... Congratulations... ;-)

Sorry for my bad english... X-D

En español:

Hola, tengo algunas dudas...

-¿Cuando se aplican las actualizaciones a una imagen que ya tiene actualizaciones anteriores, si se repite alguna, omite las que son iguales o la reinstala por encima? ¿cuál es la mejor forma de añadir nuevas actualizaciones a una imagen cuando no te acuerdas de las actualizaciones que añadiste anteriormente, o es mejor crear una nueva imagen?

-¿Si se añade una versión nueva de un driver integrado anteriormente, se actualiza o no se instala?

-¿Cuando se integran drivers en la imagen boot.wim, se añaden a Windows PE, Window Setup o a ambas?

Muchas gracias por este magnífico programa... enhorabuena...! ;-)

Edited by alfreire

Hello, I have some doubts ...

-When updates are applied to an image that already has previous updates, if any repeats, skip those that are equal to or above the reinstall? what is the best way to add new updatesto an image when you do not remember the updates that you added previously, or is itbetter to create a new image?

I think you can the same updates again. I do not think it makes too much of a difference. Those updates will update/overwrite the necessary files to have the update applied.

-If you add a new version of an integrated driver previously, is updated or not installed?

It is not recommended to add a driver that was previously added (could cause issues). However, it is likely possible. Best solution would be to start from an untouched source every time and go from there.

-When drivers are integrated into boot.wim image are added to Windows PE, WindowSetup or both?

Depends on the driver. I think only the Mass Storage and LAN drivers are added to the boot.wim file.

Sorry for my bad english... X-D

Do not feel bad, I do not speak spanish. --> Me no habla Espanol.

Depends on the driver. I think only the Mass Storage and LAN drivers are added to the boot.wim file.

Thank's for your answer... in boot.wim, yes, but in Windows PE, Windows Setup or both...? two parts can be mounted individually from boot.wim...

I add USB 3.0 drivers too, for install from pendrive USB 3.0, is very fast install Windows 7 in SSD OCZ Vertex 3... X-D

Do not feel bad, I do not speak spanish. --> Me no habla Espanol.

Don't worry, Google translator work very good... X-D

Regards... ;-)

Edited by alfreire

DISM does this automatically, if dism see's that an update already exists it will basically just skip it, it will add newer ones but i don't think it removes older ones until after installation.

Again, dism does this. I think it installs the new driver and keeps the old one. You're best chance of finding this out is to integrate and old driver and then integrate a newer version and it should display the result in the 'Integrated' tab after AIO. just make sure the older version is at the top of the list.

Windows Setup

DISM does this automatically, if dism see's that an update already exists it will basically just skip it, it will add newer ones but i don't think it removes older ones until after installation.

Again, dism does this. I think it installs the new driver and keeps the old one. You're best chance of finding this out is to integrate and old driver and then integrate a newer version and it should display the result in the 'Integrated' tab after AIO. just make sure the older version is at the top of the list.

Windows Setup

Than you very much... I am grateful for your help...

Great work, regards...;-)