Is it possible remove east-asian languages support?

sonnet

I'd like to remove support for the east-asian languages (chinese, korean, japanese) to reduce the installation size,

but I couldn't find any option to do that with the application.

So I'm wondering if I'm missing something or the option is not present at all

I read about the Japanese language issue with MS office.

I'd like though at least remove chinese and Korean support.

I don't see any option for that , so unless I miss something, I have to think there's no option for that.

So I thought: maybe I can first build an image with W7Toolkit and then use RT7lite to remove the languages?

Or doing that will break things..?

I prepared an image now and it took 6 hours to complete. It's not really a problem, but I'd like to ask if it takes so much time to you guys too (to be sure there's nothing wrong wit what I do or my pc or the application)

I used a windows sp1 image to which I integrated all the updates (which took ages..) and then removed most of the components

which could be selected (including winsxs ).

The imaged resulted bigger.

Could you be more specific?

As I said, I'm only interested in removing the big components of the OS which I won't need:

help, naural language, speech support, tablet and east asian languages.

Are you implying that using this tool to remove components or other tools like Rt7lite means compromise the stability and security of my system? I'm not been ironic, I just would like to understand.

Edited by sonnet

Its becoming kind of obvious.

Too many lists have i seen of crap that is tied together. (Remove eastern Lang's, office breaks) Remove Help you can't open chm files. So-on and on and on and on.

Seems to me that MS has combined and tied so much together that nearly all removals are going to mess sumtin else up... Win7 not so much as XP, BUT the issue is still very prevalent.

• 2 weeks later...

crashfly, im planning on changing that ;)

I do not doubt that you will fix it. I was just adding to Kel's assessment of the current state of Windows 7. If you remove too much, something breaks. Microsoft never intended for all of those options to be removable, so unless someone comes along (like you Legolash2o) to make it happen, best to leave it alone.

With regards to removing Eastern Language support. I do it immediately after a fresh install using a batch file(s) I made after following the advice I found here:

This thread: http://answers.micro...e4-2a7432d8e161

led to this blog: http://www.support-i...on-latin-fonts/

And I finished up with this: http://www.w7forums....stem-t6118.html

As long as the Meiryo font is not removed I've never had a problem installing office. So Meiryo is not in my "to be removed" font batch file. You may want to try this under "normal circumstances" before commiting the removals to a disc.

By The Way. My batch files may not be "elegant", I'm no scripter/programmer :D. But they are functional!!

Edited by ElmerBeFuddled