[Solved] Unattended Creator - Serial Injection Problem

RSMurphy

I would like some help from the community here to understand what I am doing wrong with creating my autounattend.xml file, please.

This (see attached autounattend.xml) is being used on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64. I'm using the Unattend Creator set for AnyCPU architecture.

When I run my setup I'm greeted with a pop-up that states the following:

The unattend answer file contains an invalid product key. Either remove the invalid key or provide a valid product key in the unattend answer file to proceed with Windows installation.

It's probably something I've done but I can't seem to get it.

I plug in my company's serial which I know to be good. If I select Skip Auto-Activation then I can save my XML file but get the error dialogue above. If I uncheck Skip Auto-Activationthen I cannot save the XML file and receive this warning:

Invalid Selection

You can't have the 'Skip Auto-Activation' checked if you haven't selected a 'Serial' which can be found on the info tab, those keys are just default keys and still have 30 day trial!!

So this starts banging on my "huh?" nerve because at this point I don't have the skip checked.

Will someone kindly tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to correct this?

Thanks.

Edited by Legolash2o

Does your key require Auto-activation? If so then i can remove that message. Edit the .xml file in notepad and manually remove the skip-auto activation string and then try.

It should let you uncheck it if you entered the serial first.

Meanwhile, i'll have a look at my code to make sure it's correct :)

Edited by Legolash2o

Hmmm I created a new xml file with the key and the "skip" selected... it seemed fine so I ran the install and once again:

The unattend answer file contains an invalid product key. Either remove the invalid key or provide a valid product key in the unattend answer file to proceed with Windows installation.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but hopefully this will help someone who stumbles across this thread.

In any event, if you're like me and are testing your spiffy, custom iso inside a vm, be sure you're using the correct network adapter. I too had this same error and then it dawned on me; I think I need an internet connection in order to activate. Being that my network adapter was set to NAT, I couldn't reach the outside world. Once I switched it to bridged, I ran the same iso/unattend and I was successful.

Again, please forgive this resurrection! Hope this helps someone!