[Solved] W7 Toolkit 1.3.0.98 WIM Manager Problem

Wyatt

One issue I am having with the 1.3.0.98 Release - is in the WIM manager. If I select the WIM to edit, such as name or description...and type in the text as usual - it refuses to show the change(s) within the GUI - as if it just ignored the edit.

I just went back to the 1.3.0.5 version being able to use this feature where it still works fine....until this particular issue can be addressed.

Thanks for your time!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response and assistanceLegolash2o - however I did try the latest version (1.3.0.102) - and I still get the same issue. When I use the WIM manager, selecting a WIM that is already named after using WAIK/imagex - the name shows, and description says usual "No Description", but when I select to edit the description...the new edit will not show...always still says "No Description". When I use the older version (1.3.0.5), it does fine...edits and shows the description name, as well as the WIM name itself. Any further insight(s) would be appreciated.

Ahh, i know the issue now. I'll take a look. Thanks.

EDIT: It is just the description which won't change? Name changes fine?

EDIT 2: Can you open your install.wim with 7zip and send me the 1.xml file within it please.

Edited by Legolash2o

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help. I attached the xml of the version I have and the windows PE xml - since it is a sysprep/imagex build. Sorry it took me a while - but other work had me stuck. Great work on the WinKit new version! - yet same error on it as well...I can edit WIM name, but when I try the description - I always get a error box titled "Error setting WIM info" and message "The parameter is incorrect"...why this error keeps following me I have no idea.

Still using the older win7 toolkit 1.3.0.5 to fully rename/edit both name and description of WIM's since it still works for some reason.

Hope this helps - but if not - let me know if anything else.

Thanks again

Wyatt

1.xml

Ultimate.xml