[Solved] Update catalog path from older version not working?

Eric666

Hi,

I've been trying to use the update catalog feature for a few versions already but it gave me every time the message http://chris123nt.com/.. The operation timed out. After closing this dialog a new dialog appeared: Access denied: You can't close this whilst Win Toolkit is scanning, please wait! I saw in some other thread that the servers of McRip and Solor would be down. I checked using an ordinary webbrowser and both appeared to be up! I finally solved the 'connection' problem by resetting the Update Catalog Download folder in Win Toolkit Options (defining the same path as before!). So it seems that somewhere during development the path (from ini?) has become unreadable and messed up the update process? Further investigation: in the old settings.txt the path has a trailing backslash, where this is not the case in the newest version.

At least there is a quick workaround, but could you take a quick glance into this Lego?

Regards, Eric666

No, when the ini-file is rewritten using v26, the trailing backslash in the path is not there and everything works OK. But in the ini file made by an older version there is a trailing backslash which is not handled well by v26, causing the problems I described above. Seems like a simple check, just handling the backslash when it is found in the path.

Regards, Eric666

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I still have the same problem with v28. I've even removed my settings.txt file and had it made anew by WinToolkit, but to no avail. When I start update catalog, it just times out. I've also chosen a download folder without spaces in the name, but also that didn't work.

Regards, Eric666

Edited by Eric666

Sure, boss...

First the settings (I already removed spaces from download folder name just to be sure)

post-26443-0-66015100-1340977025_thumb.p

Then I start the update catalog and select SoloR Windows 7 x86:

post-26443-0-25249100-1340977025_thumb.p

After some time I get the time-out:

post-26443-0-90558400-1340977024.png

and then this message:

post-26443-0-57491600-1340977024.png

I hope this is of more use? I get the exact same behaviour for McRip....

Regards, Eric666

Edited by Eric666

Hi Lego,

Sorry for my late reply, but I was out for the weekend (not knock-out though...). I tried the new version and I still do not get updates. The time-out message pops up much faster though and no follow-up message 'Access denied'. After the time-out the dropdown box for Type is cleared.

Regards, Eric666

Edit:

After a few tries I now got a connection. Seems to be unpredicatable though, I do not see what the trigger is. And most times I get the time-out, or even a message that both servers seem to be off-line when starting the Update catalog.

Well, I can bypass the proxy altogether (by just disabling automatic configuration in LAN Settings) and then everything works without any problems. Adding the hotfix site as an exception while proxy is on does not work however.

It would be a bit cumbersome to specifically disable the proxy to get my updates... I'm almost sure I would forget to re-enable it :doh:

Regards, Eric666

Retested using v30 and now all seems to work fine! I've the proxy enabled, and even removed the exception for the hotfix2.cesidian.info site for testing purposes, and everything still goes well. One instance I did not get a connection and the time-out message reported that I could be behind a proxy. Neat!

Well done, Lego!

Regards, Eric666