Wondering about v65

compstuff

mooms = I am truly disappointed you feel like that, let me point some things out:

Nearly none of you have paid for the development and use of the toolkit.

For quality control and the ability to guarantee clean, unmolested and unmodified versions Lego does not want people publicly distributing it.

It is HIS program he made it and as stated earlier it is free. You don't have to pay for it.

His program is not actually BETA it is just being actively developed.

If you just wanted to help others you would help with development instead of slowing it down.

Most of the people who just want to use his program don't give a rats behind enough to even bother with saying hi or thanks anyways.

If you find that his program is a disappointment and don't want to help with development (Possibly also holding it back by allowing others to just "stick" with a working one) Then just plain stop using the toolkit and stay out of this forum section.

Bottom line is it is his program, we have to respect his wishes. Otherwise he can decide (Justly so the way you treated him in the last post) to fully remove and discontinue it...

but I'm disappointed of the reactions here.

Did you pay enough for the toolkit to actually say that? Come on really???

Wow! Seriously ?

Some users don't want to beta-test your program, they just want to use it....

I just wanted to help others, as we know 1.4.x branch have some bugs...

Newer is not always better,your program is in beta test, so which version do you recommend to use ?

Obviously it is the latest one, as you don't keep previous versions...

But if the latest is broken ?

Wasting several hours building image to find it is broken is not very pleasant.

if the latest build is working, then great, my (now removed) link is actually pointless, but i'm disappointed of the reactions here.

RELAX, i wasn't having a go, i wasn't angry or anything like that lol. I was just saying it would be nice not to post a super old version on the forum. Your free to upload WinToolkit to anywhere you wish, share the old versions via PM. If you had posted a link to v1.4.0.33 then that's fine but a v1.3.x build feels like super old :D

I agree newer versions are not always better. I'm actually surprised no one sent me a PM about the bug, as i check them everyday. Just for the record though, i do keep EVERY single release available and only takes a click of a button to restore it :) But yes, relax. I wasn't having a go, i was just letting you know in a casual way although that is hard to tell over the internet.

The only thing that annoys me is

1. People putting all of their bugs into the same post so things get confusing as hell.

2. People not reporting bugs, which definitely annoys me. It's not like i wake up in the middle of the night and sense a disturbance in the force. If only :D

The reason i don't like people sharing much older versions is because someone will use it and report a bug and then after many hours of conversations decide to tell me the version they was using and i just think AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that bug was fixed ages ago and i've just spend hours looking for a bug that doesn't exist. Which is why i like people to use the latest versions.

mooms = I am truly disappointed you feel like that, let me point some things out:

Nearly none of you have paid for the development and use of the toolkit.

For quality control and the ability to guarantee clean, unmolested and unmodified versions Lego does not want people publicly distributing it.

It is HIS program he made it and as stated earlier it is free. You don't have to pay for it.

His program is not actually BETA it is just being actively developed.

If you just wanted to help others you would help with development instead of slowing it down.

Most of the people who just want to use his program don't give a rats behind enough to even bother with saying hi or thanks anyways.

If you find that his program is a disappointment and don't want to help with development (Possibly also holding it back by allowing others to just "stick" with a working one) Then just plain stop using the toolkit and stay out of this forum section.

Bottom line is it is his program, we have to respect his wishes. Otherwise he can decide (Justly so the way you treated him in the last post) to fully remove and discontinue it...

Did you pay enough for the toolkit to actually say that? Come on really???

Yeah, no program is 100% free of bugs and the amount of bugs i've fixed in the v1.4.0 build is unbelievable (just check the changelog) and i can't wait until i can start the request threads.

I not that fussed about not the donations, people paying, etc.. as it helps my University education in my spare time. I just bugs the hell out of me when people don't report bugs.

Allright gentlemen.

I don't use WinToolkt regularly.

I never used winToolkit 1.4.xx

The last week, i wanted to make a win7 build, so i checked the posts here, and and i saw latest version had bugs.

So i used 1.30.1202rc and everything went fine. Thank you for making and sharing this cool application by the way !

I just wanted to share the infos, and for others users, i think it is better to having a download link here, than downloading it somewhere else on the Web,..(just type win toolkt or windows 7 toolkit in google and you'll see)