All-In-One Integrator Question

MaKa

I have recently used Win Toolkit to integrate all my windows updates into my Windows 7 install disk.Next month there will be more updates coming out and i was wondering how i go about adding those in.When loading my modified image into Win Toolkit it asks me if want to load my saved preset.I'm not sure if i need to load that preset or not just to update my image with a few more updates.If i do not load the preset and just integrate the new updates, will my image still contain my previous updates that i added and all my tweaks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Surely someone must be able to answer this question.Does everyone here just build a new image when there are new updates to add?

Yep, every time I start from the scratch to avoid any errors. As a matter of fact I did it today; 87 hotfixes (official from WU) 17 addons, all in under 20 min.

Although many of us on here do lots of development and testing with the tools I also create a new integration from scratch every time. My general idea is to create a new ISO every 3 months and during the time I am using the designed ISO for installs I just update some of the SFX installers and use the KUC to make sure they are fully updated at every fresh installation. I also time my new integrations around the Major Release Patch Tuesday.

Surely someone must be able to answer this question.Does everyone here just build a new image when there are new updates to add?

Edited by compstuff

Thanks for the info.So i guess to be on the safe side i will do mine from scratch also.I have 82 updates,3 addons and some tweaks which run me about 45 minutes so i was hoping there would be a simple way just to integrate the new stuff.I also wasted about 30 minutes trying to add .NET 4.5, unsuccesfully i might add.

I have a particular set of steps I use because it allows me to experiment more and NOT have to redo everything if something goes wrong or I need to make a change.

Start with an untouched SP1 image

STEP 1 - I add and integrate all the hotifxes, updates and additional items (this take 2 hrs)

STEP 2 - I add MS stuff that needs to be added through SFX along with some programs and my custom work (Takes 5 minutes)

STEP 3 - I add all my custom driver work based from DriverPacks (I think this takes about 35 min)

STEP 4 - Remove and Tweak settings (minutes)

I test my first two steps in Vbox, determine if I have errors and what step they are in. I then get that perfect and do steps 3 and 4 and test on laptops. That gives me a "finished" ISO. When and if an updated step 2 item is release I just replace it in the ISO and it's done... no additional integration.

I attached some old .ini samples but they are outdated and only as reference to help explain... I am currently working on new ones

@compstuff

So you recommend creating a new ISO from an untouched one containg all the post SP1 Updates along with addons?

and @maka

30 minutes isn't nothing! I implimented all the drivers and it took 16 hours lol! and I got a i7 3rd gen with 16gb of hyper x ram and 256 solid state drive

Step-1-Updates-August-04.ini

Step-2-SFX-August-05.ini

Edited by compstuff

@Simpuhl It took 16 hours for one Win 7 installation disk? I don't feel so bad now. Hardly seems worth the effort if it takes that long.

P.S. Does anyone happen to know the silent switches that will allow .NET 4.5 to install? I tried /silent /norestart but after running my image through Virtual Box, It wasn't installed.

@Simpuhl It took 16 hours for one Win 7 installation disk? I don't feel so bad now. Hardly seems worth the effort if it takes that long.

P.S. Does anyone happen to know the silent switches that will allow .NET 4.5 to install? I tried /silent /norestart but after running my image through Virtual Box, It wasn't installed.

have you tried the /y switch i have a silent v4.5!

I had also asked the same thing and Rica gave me the following:

You can make your own silent installer from the 4.5 .net official rtm release with the ''usual'' MS .exe switches - /quiet /norestart.