AIO Tool - Apply unattended

Etz

In WinToolkit 1.4.38.5 AIO tool, apply Unattended (Quick option), XML is not copied into DVD root its copied into Sources folder instead.

Also broken in latest Stable 1.4.37.20, worked fine on older versions.

For sucessful USB install it must be in Installer root for UEFI install to suceed unattended, currently Setup will still prompt all the options.

EDIT: Tested DVD install also, doesnt work. Copying Autounattended.xml "manually" back from sources folder to root (where it actually should be) helps.

Edited by Etz

Well I have a MSDN subscription and definately it doesnt work on Images that are available from there.

Tested Mostly on Windows 8(.1) Images, will try Windows 7 Image aswell, but so far it has always been working when XML is put into ther root if install media, so there is absolutely no need whatsoever to put it into sources folder.

And it has it has been working this way from the launch for Windows Vista, so why try to fix and reimplement something that is not broken?

Also, places where Setup will actually look (and in what Stage) for XML is described here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749415%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

for me only there it's working

Apparently there is something wrong with your image then, from where did you acquire it?

EDIT: Did a quick test on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 Image aswell, same result, works when XML is in root, does not work if its in sources folder.

Image which I tested is this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/#FileId=46948

Edited by Etz

Well, as I dont have any particular issues with RunOnce at the moment but with applying Unattended with winToolkit, I dont think it will help in this case... :doh:

Edited by Etz

Yeah, seems like Unattended Creator is affected by this Bug and also WIM Manager has it aswell,

but this is wrong location, it doesnt work if it is in sources folder, at least for USB Flash or DVD based Installs. 

It has to be in Install media root to get it working, then it is pretty much: boot, forget and log-in operation after that.

Main problem is that at the moment it isnt possible to create fully Unattended install with WinToolkit at all...on latest versions including Stable and Testing ones... :(

I included a picture, how it should be located as an attachement.

post-3142-0-07619200-1396909466_thumb.pn

Edited by Etz

That config file "2014-04-07...."must be deleted from INSTALLDIR...

I think you don't pay much attention for sources folder, look with more attention and you will se a setup.exe in there !

autounattend is different than unattend !

So, Unattend.xml is used for most types of unattended installs... Autounattend.xml is used for unattended installs using the DVD-boot method.

reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749415.aspx

261d7gh.jpg

So, after creating this one, you must apply that autounattend.xml to DVD source folder !

open Win Toolkit select BASIC\All in One Integrator then select install.win file, click Apply Unattented, search for desired file, in this case Autounattend and apply to that install.wim and hit FULL  !

That's all and it should work !

Edited by © KEiGHT

I`am talking about Quick Option and Autounattend.xml... :doh:

Full works completely diffferent way and doesnt suite my needs, as changing it requires mounting image every time and I have more than one PC in home.

It basically Integrates XML into image, so you dont need separate file at all, not in sources folder or anywhere else.

That config file "2014-04-07...."must be deleted from INSTALLDIR...

I think you don't pay much attention for sources folder, look with more attention and you will se a setup.exe in there !

autounattend is different than unattend !

So, Unattend.xml is used for most types of unattended installs... Autounattend.xml is used for unattended installs using the DVD-boot method.

reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749415.aspx

Indeed, but currently file that gets created into sources folder is Autounattended.xml not Unattend.xml, hence it wont work.

Autounattended.xml has to be in root, and it doesnt concern only DVD-boot method, USB Flash drive method works the very same way.

Config file is a simple TXT file and it may stay, it doesnt absolutely change anything and you dont have to delete it.

Edited by Etz