Sign in to follow this  
Badaoui

How to automatic driver install?

Hello

I hope this is the right forum for a Windows xp question

When Windows detects new hardware (be it graphic card or USB Peripheral) it automatically installs driver and if it can't find a driver it shows "Found New hardware wizard" that allows you to manually select a driver.

My problem is that this "Found New hardware wizard" shows up every time when I plug a new device and I have to click Next Next Next.. until it finishes installation. It's just like in Windows 98 wink.png I want to fix it to the way it's supposed to be.

It got nothing to do with "Windows Update" and "Driver Signing" settings in "System properties -> Hardware" tab, those are on default settings.

Thanks for any help or hints.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By wesley9946
      Hi there,
      Will it be possible to create a batch file which runs after the very first login? (to do things like WGETting stuff from a FTP server on the network for example)

Thanks in advance!
    • By Dubby
      So hello guys, been a long time...
      Some of us might still using Xp in daily use.
      Long story short, I created an advanced transformation/customization pack for windows XP,  
      This pack bring some cosmetics change which only available on vista and later operating system. And also some other interesting customization.
      you can see what this pack modifies in galleries below:

Download Here
      Instruction how to install is inside the archive: readme.txt. you should read it. 
      If you like it, use it, and want to support the development consider a Donation.
    • By niTe_RiDeR_Pr0
      INFO: Internet Download Manager v6.25 Build 21 - RePack v3.0 by - =niTe_RiDeR_Pro=-
      CATEGORY: Download Managers, Download Speed Boosters

Changelog Of RePack (Setup)
      NOTES & ENHANCEMENTS (MODIFICATIONS):
      Added .docx, dotm, .dot, .pptx, .pptm, .xls & .xlsx into the documents download category. Added .application, .bat, .cmd, .a3x & .au3 to the Programs download category. Added 8 stylish nice toolbar styles. Click here for the list See here for the latest switchless fullly silent sfx installer of this repack: [Currently Uploading latest Version] NEW: Added option to install IDM Backup Manager Credits: Credits to @alfreire for my setup wizard theming methods/tips. Command Line Parameters/Options: http://pastebin.com/Q375704

IMPORTANT NOTE: The file is 100% clean, no virus, no malware/spyware/adware/trojan. See the virustotal.com report for full virus scan details (Detection ratio: 0/54).  In case mistakenly google chrome does not allow the download of the file, or shows that it is malware/'will harm your browing experience'; don't click 'dismiss' on the bottom downloads bar. Instead, click on 'Show all downloads', OR press Ctrl+J from the keyboard  and then on the downloads page that opens, follow the steps as shown: 

(Click on the image for full zoom)
      BTW, I cant understand why the heck google chrome is telling that it is a malware??!!  :shifty:

Enjoy! :thumbsup:
    • By Tuesday77
      Heyho,

Here I repacked all USB 3.0 Driver for Windows 7 and newer.
      Integrate them into boot.wim and you can install windows via usb 3.0.

Download:
      http://ul.to/ikwo4fq9

Virustotal.com Report
      CRC32: F0D2A8A7
      MD5: 4EAE3DB9E9ECF20FF5384BA13813354A
      SHA-1: 762056614722BDE9915BDA7CD097BF370D0F9509
      17,3 MB (18.223.857 bytes)

Greetings
    • By Tuesday77
      Heyho,

Here I repacked all USB 3.0 Driver for Windows 7 and newer.
      Integrate them into boot.wim and you can install windows via usb 3.0.

Download:
      http://ul.to/ikwo4fq9

Virustotal.com Report
      CRC32: F0D2A8A7
      MD5: 4EAE3DB9E9ECF20FF5384BA13813354A
      SHA-1: 762056614722BDE9915BDA7CD097BF370D0F9509
      17,3 MB (18.223.857 bytes)

Greetings