Files on desktop are DUPLICATED

pennsylvaniaron

this bug has been around since the early versions of WTK and is still there in v.1.5.4.4. I don't think its anything I am doing incorrectly. When I use the ADVANCED FILES tab I am having WTK put teamviewer and another utility I use on the desktop. They are simple .EXE files. As they get updated by their websites I download the new version and update them in WTK in the ADVANCED FILE section. I keep all 4 files until I get the syntax correct to have them go onto the desktop. then I remove the old versions and on the updated versions I check the REPLACE box.

when wtk finishes its installation I have about 4 teamviewers and 4 of the other utility with corresponding (white icon) BAK icons. so now I have 16 icons on the desktop when I only want 2.  Has anyone else experienced this? One caveat is I do rename the files each time I make a new iso. ex: teamviewerv.11.5342.exe then when its updated on the teamviewer website and I install the updated version i'll change it to say teamviewerv12.00000 but then delete the older version in the advanced files section. But every older version ends up on the desktop with a corresponding white .BAK icon. regards...

ps. I am using the syntax %systemdrive%\users\public\desktop\teamviewer.exe

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

10 minutes ago, Legolash2o said:

what are the filenames of the 4? i.e. teamviewer.exe, teamviewer_1.exe, teamviewer.exe.bak?

liam

the teamviewer.exe files I just add the version before the exe. ex: teamviewerv11.58789.exe. the other teamviewer files just have different ver. numbers. if I use toolkit.exe it will be toolkit 2.52.exe, toolkit 2.53.exe, toolkit 2.65.exe

I have no idea where they are being stored. I use the same dvd folder every time I make a new iso, just add new updates, silent files, and maybe update net framework.

regards...

10 minutes ago, Legolash2o said:

Do you get any error logs?

none that I know of. btw, your oct win7_64 iso suffers from the dreaded meet your browser every time starting IE. might want to fix that in the January files you said you might create.

more importantly is this bug with the desktop. I even changed the syntax to read %systemdrive%\users\scalzo\desktop\

I use the name scalzo in my unattended file as the user name so I don't have any intervention. wtk completes all the way thru silently...

regards

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:55 PM, Legolash2o said:

Do you get any error logs?

It doesn't seem like the REPLACE check box is doing its job. Or even beyond that it seems that all prior files are always included even though they are not in the newly created ISO. Strange that no one else has responded with similar results.

Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas comments? Regards...

• 2 months later...