[request] Addon for RVM from ar812lite_NL.zip

Kees030

Hello,

I'm new to integrating and still trying to make an unattended install with some basic programs integrated. I don't feel ready (yet) to make addons myself, before I manage to applying them. So I hope someone can provide me with an addon for RVM from 'ar812lite_NL.zip' (http://www.msfn.org/board/Release-Adobe-Reader-812-Lite-t88167.html). This zip-file only contains an .exe-file.

Looking at the structure of the RVM addons they contain an .inf file and nLite doesn't, so I assume I can't use an nLite addon.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

If you use the RVM integrator you can add it as a addon and it will be integrated

If you use nLite its very simple, here are the instructions, silent installers dont need a INF file just a Entries_*.ini

1- Create a New Folder

2- name it SVCPACK

3- Put the Adobe Reader silent installer in the new folder (the svcpack folder you just made)

4- Copy and paste this text into notepad (you can edit it with other general information)

[general]
builddate=2008/04/23
description=Portable Data File Reader.
language=Nederlands
title=Adobe Reader
version=8.1.2
website=http://www.adobe.com/

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
NameOfInstaller.exe ;<-You have to edit this with the name of the EXE

5- Save it as Entries_Adobe_Reader.ini next to the SVCPACK folder

6- Zip, Cab, Rar or 7zip (any of the 4 formats you like) the Entries_*.ini and the SVCPACK folder (with the arlite installer in it) together and give it a name like:

Kees_arLite812_AddOn.7z

7- Now you can integrate it with nLite

Thank you Ricktendo64. The nLite part is clear now; I guess I need to replace "NameOfInstaller.exe" under [AddProgram] with "ar812lite_NL.exe" ;)

You also wrote: 'If you use the RVM integrator you can add it as a addon and it will be integrated'. All addons for RVM I've seen however do contain at least a .CAB, .inf and .ini-file. The ar812lite_NL.7z file is a switchless installer and contains solely the file "ar812lite_NL.exe". If unzipped I can use this file to install it into my existing Windows.

So -if I understand you correct- this means any switchless installer can work as an addon for RVM, without the need to make a .CAB, .ini and .inf-file?

If that's correct then 'making addons for RVM' is indeed so simple even I can do it :D