Vista UAC Tool

Mr.Thunderbird

UAC Tool v1.0

Easy tool to disable or enable the UAC in Vista.

Requires Framework 2,0 or higher.

Screenshot:

1zgg87q.png

Please come with feedback, it is much appreciated.

EDIT: 19/10-08

Added command line:

To switch UAC ON:

UACTool.exe /ON

To switch UAC OFF:

UACTool.exe /OFF

Remember that it requires framework... Vista has the needed version installed by default so it shouldn't be a problem.

UACTool.rar

Edited by Mr.Thunderbird

• 2 months later...
.. Sounds interesting... I can probably do that... I mean add an option that changes the policies :)

To be perfectly honest. I've reinstalled Vista yesterday and so far disabling the UAC was the first thing after the fresh install. This time I've decided to leave it on, why? Why not..How many times will this window pop up after I install all of my applications and configure system settings for my needs? Probably 1-2 times in one month :)

everybody has own config and own needs.

i wrote this tool ages ago. it was my first c# program, I just saw this thread yesterday and decided to update it. Personally I hate UAC, to disable it is the first thing I do when I install vista, that's why I made this tool. I've been using the internet for years and I can see what kind of sites that will give me virus = no uac for me. :)

everybody has own config and own needs.

i wrote this tool ages ago. it was my first c# program, I just saw this thread yesterday and decided to update it. Personally I hate UAC, to disable it is the first thing I do when I install vista, that's why I made this tool. I've been using the internet for years and I can see what kind of sites that will give me virus = no uac for me. :)

I agree that this is a cool tool, especially a lot of people have hard time finding wher UAC is :) (like some of my friends do) :)