[AddOn] Windows Vista RTM Sidebar (XP Only)

ricktendo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, I've been trying to download the sidebar but all I get is page cannot be found when I click on the links I see on here.

I do have it on one of my xp dvds but I can't seem to find the installer on there.

Help would be appreciated

E

Hiya,

I have a problem, I installed the sidebar yesterday from the Vista_5744_Sidebar_Setup_v2.2 installer. It worked, however, some of the gadgets were acting weird...

Then I read I had to install IE7, so I did...

But now the sidebar doesn't even show up anymore. And when I try to start Sidebar.exe It says an error has occured and the program needs to be terminated.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Are you on VAIO or Alky?

Why don't you use the latest sidebar installer and Alky?

Ah yes, thank you for pointing out the latest installer. I tried it and now it works fine.

I am sorry for wasting your time.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Rick! Have follwed the manual for installing widow sidebar but won't launch, even clicking on the icon at the taskbar-still it doesn't launch.

My OS is windows xp pro media center edition sp2. Am using bricopack inspirat 2.1 as theme, Vistart and aero longhorn sidebar. Uninstalled the aero longhorn sidebar before installing the windows sidebar and floowed the manual installation. No error message/messages. It just does not launch. Tried executing from c:/program files/window sidebar and still it won't launch.

Had successfully launched from my sony vaio rz cg-250cg desktop. No single problem experienced. It's working pretty good.

PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

The Sidebar doesn't start. :( I can run Sidebar Styler, but no Sidebar. Nothing happens, whether if I double cliked the icon in Control Panel (Windows Sidebar Properties) or in Start Menu/Accessories or the sidebar.exe in the C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar folder.

I started with a clean XP pro SP2 as a base. Added the following with RyanVM Integrator v1.4.3:

- RVMUpdatePack_2.1.11.7z as an Update Pack.

- RUPUpdates-2.1.11.13-Addon.7z, RVMAddons_1.8.2.7z, RVMAddonsDX9_1.4.7z, RogueSpearAddonsDotNET11SP120-VJ1120.zip, RVMAddonsWGAN_1.7.18.5a.7z as an Addon Pack.

And then the following to nLite-1.4 beta (see attachment):

Any idea what the problem is? Thanx.

post-851-1189881516_thumb.png

Edited by SuperFreak

Any idea what the problem is? Thanx.
Windows Sidebar Styler is stopping it from running... You forgot to install .Net framework 3.0 (you can get this by integrating RogueSpears Runtimes 2 during RunOnceEx or WPI)

For temporary fix for the sidebar problem you can delete these 2 files and that will let your sidebar run.

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sfc.dll"
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\SidebarWpfExt.dll"

Thanx so much for the quick reply. Yess, it's working now. :) Now I try to integrate Net Framework 3 into my customized OS, because it seems later downloading from MS site and installing just doesn't work with the integrated, pre-installed sidebar.

Now I need to know where to put RogueSpear's "Microsoft .NET Framework V3.0 - Lite" in RyanVM or in nLite - there are 2 versions: "Switchless Silent Installer" and "RyanVM Integrator Addon (.ZIP)".

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...