[AddOn] Windows Vista RTM Sidebar (XP Only)

ricktendo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Ricktendo! Should have looked on the forum, but thought that this was the only topic about it :).

But I do have another question. Everything works fine now, but as I am using IE7 now, I don't see the Sidebar on my right. Only when I minimize IE7, I will see the Sidebar again. Is there a way, like in Vista, that it overlaps IE7? And that there might also be a Hide button or something?

Thanks!

Yep... Right click on the Sidebar and choose Properties (or look in the XP Control Panel and you will see a link to the Sidebar Properties) and choose always on top. If you want a quick look at the sidebar just double click on the icon in the task tray

Keep in mind not everything that the sidebar can do on Vista is capable in XP but its pretty much the same, like it cant install and uninstall gadgets automatically, you have to do it manually

But if I choose that option, then my IE7 resizes a little. And it does that with every map and other program I open. Thats not entirely what I was looking for. I was hoping it would hover on top of every program. More or less exactly like on Vista.

But I understand if that's not possible :)

Help us understand how to put poschagam Sidebar for Windows Server 2003. Established IE7, MediaPlayer 11, Microsoft Visual C + + 2005 that now? Please Describe as further set itself, but still not working. Perhaps you will see a detailed description of where the fault.

Sorry. Sidebar earned! ! ! However, all gadgets are just black box. It may be something else propatchit or install

Edited by skell

Uh, I can't seem to get the sidebar running on server 2003. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong? I get the "Sorry. This application attempted to delay-load a library or function that does not exist. Instability may occur." error. I've done the steps listed here and have all the prerequisites installed?

June-22-07 Sidebar v7.06.22

- Added VAIO XP and Vista Fonts to the Sidebar Addon and made a AIO

- Updated my VistaLHClocks Gadget mod

Hi Rick,

Same sort of question again... :rolleyes:

Do I need to uninstall the Sidebar and install this new version? It doesn't look like there are any changes to the Sidebar itself. I (obviously) already have VAIO XP installed and the Segoe UI and Calibri fonts (installed with Office 2007) as well as the Simhei font (came with Windows XP). Also, with all due respect to you, I do not use the VistaLHClocks gadget...

The main changes that I can see in this new version is the combination of the VAIO XP package, the Vista Fonts package and the Sidebar package into an All-In-One package.

Therefore, is it necessary for me to uninstall what I currently have and install this new version?

Thanks!

why does this happen... ive installed everything needed. i went to add/remove program files and pressed change. i manually added the dll to regsvr and added sidebar.exe with realtb. look ...

post-2060-1182887791_thumb.jpg