Printer sharing situation

Stephen47

Here s the situation. Computer #1 is connected directly to the printer Computer #2 is networked on a home-file/printer sharing network with computer #1 as the main computer. I have had this working so #2 could print with #1 acting as the printer server. Now however,

I can ping #2 from #1 but not the other way. If I disable the firewall in #2 the results are the same. If I disable the firewall in, both I can ping #1 from #2 but I still cannot print from #2. Is this clear and if so what might the problem be?

If you want to ping #1 from #2 you should allow File and Printer Sharing on computer #1. Actually, the best way is to enable this on both computers in firewall settings.

What kind of printer is that. Does it have a network card, did you setup printer permissions properly..

Could you please give me more info, so I can investigate...

Regards

I have fixed the ping situation. I can now ping #1 from #2. I am still unable to print from #2. I have enabled printer sharing on both computers. I am using Windows firewall I have checked file and printer sharing in the exceptions tab.

This is an HP Deskjet 5440 printer.

I have been able to print from #2 in the past.

I believe I set up printer permission properly, but maybe not. What are the proper steps?

I don't believe the printer has a network card. I am using computer #1 as a printer server.

I have fixed the ping situation. I can now ping #1 from #2. I am still unable to print from #2. I have enabled printer sharing on both computers. I am using Windows firewall I have checked file and printer sharing in the exceptions tab.

This is an HP Deskjet 5440 printer.

I have been able to print from #2 in the past.

I believe I set up printer permission properly, but maybe not. What are the proper steps?

I don't believe the printer has a network card. I am using computer #1 as a printer server.

Please, right click on the printer and choose properties. Select security tab and post a screenshot here.

thx