Need Information on W7T

crashfly

Questions, questions, questions ... I am trying to figure out how W7T works. The first few questions are primarily aimed at Legolash2o, so these may be fitting for an additional W7T guide. The last I am just curious if anyone knows the answers to.

1. Windows 7 setup pulls froms the install.wim on the install DVD. Tweaks are integrated into the install.wim source using W7T. 'Local Machine' tweaks obviously apply to the whole system. How are 'Current User' tweaks applied? Does that go to a 'default user', or are the tweaks lost when the first user is created?

2. Silent installers that are setup by W7T are run in what context? Does the 'Default User' apply here or are the settings saved to a 'System' account?

3. Applications that are integrated into the install source, where does each program's 'Current User' settings go ('default user' maybe)?

Questions not directly related to W7T:

4. What context does the 'setupcomplete.cmd' file run in?

5. What is the best way to set up "Run Once" installers (from setupcomplete possibly)?

1. They pretty much go to HKEY_Users\\Default so they are created for every new user.

2. W7TRunOnce gets copied into system32 folder. It scans HKLM\\Software\\W7T for what apps it needs to install with their switches

3. Same as 1.

4. Never used it, someone else may have to answer that, but i know it runs during OOBE i think.

5. Again, not sure. Never used it setupcomplete.

4. Never used it, someone else may have to answer that, but i know it runs during OOBE i think.

5. Again, not sure. Never used it setupcomplete.

Thank you for that useful information. Likely, the last two are also applied to the 'Default User' as I believe they run before the user first gets logged in. But right now, that does not seem to matter as the other items fulfill my needs as they are applied to everyone that logs in. This information might need to be added to a user guide or something, but it will do great for me right now. Thanks again!

• 5 months later...
what command line switches dose it support? trying to intergrate all this into a wim where i dont need a dvd / usb pxe setup here. capture.png

Give me a list of what you integrated..

This may be caused by a addon of mine.. Used to implement them a certain

way, and it has since changed.. I have been updating them to take care of this problem.

was with the Reapers_.NET_Framework_4.0.30319.1_x64_Windows7_Toolkit_AddOn.WA

Thats what i thought as well i went and edited the registry in the wim to say C:\ but it still is looking for a D drive :(.

I allready got ie9 and all the updates would just be nice to add the .net into the mix. :).

Edited by dw5304