How To Integrate/Slipstream 'SP3' Into MS Office 2007

Makcalable

How To Integrate SP3 Into MS Office 2007

Here is a quick guide on how to Integrate or Slipstream MS Office SP3 2007 into the installation CD/DVD.

Right now 'Create A New Folder' to anywhere of your choice, I named mine 'Office 2007';

Now I created my new folder on my G:\ Drive

1.png

Ok to be able to Integrate or Slipstream MS Office SP3 2007 into the installation CD/DVD first thing you will need to do is Download the "office2007sp3-kb2526086-fullfile-en-us.exe" file.

Click on the link here to Download MS Office 2007 SP3 - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27838

(Now Download this to the same location as your as your new folder you just created.) As in the image above. (Ignore the MS Office 2007 Enterprise SP3 as this was my test run)

Ok now you will need to 'Copy the Contents of your MS Office 2007 CD/DVD' to the new folder "Office2007"

2.png

Ok now all you will need to do is open Command Prompt as Admin and Enter the following command >

G:\office2007sp3-kb2526086-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract:G:\Office2007\Updates\

Remember, where I have G:\ your's maybe different, so Replace G with whatever drive letter you used.

657c2035.png

Once you have Entered the Command, Press Enter.........

SnapShot_111026_135616.png

You will see a new Window pop up 'Microsoft Software License Terms' for 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3)

Here you just need to accept and Click on Continue to proceed......

4.png

Now the files are being extracted from the SP3 file you downloaded and placed into the updates folder of the Microsoft Office Installation Files you copied from your CD/DVD

The reason we have had to Integrate or Slipstream the SP3 file this way is because the update needs to be in the .msp file format to be able to install from the updates folder from your Microsoft Office 2007 Installation CD/DVD

5.png

Ok in a matter of seconds, it is all done!

Click ok......

6.png

Now burn your new Microsoft Office 2007 SP3 Installation back to a CD/DVD.

Tried and tested on MS Office 2007 Enterprise and Professional.

Yes, it's the same way as with SP2!

Because Office service packs are cumulative, you do not have to install Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 before you install Service Pack 3. Service Pack 3 includes all fixes which were included in Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2.

http://support.micro....com/kb/2591039

http://www.wincert.n...dpost__p__75299

Thanks Makcalable!

Edited by myselfidem